[MNL06] Black Art Orchestra_Live TV Suicide_Stavostrand Rmx

- free art
Big Bully
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[MNL06] Black Art Orchestra_Live TV Suicide_Stavostrand Rmx

Post by Big Bully »

hey y'all. this is Big Bully. this is my label, Mineral, and we are very excited about this new release which comes out on March 4th..

MNL06 - Black Art Orchestra - Live TV Suicide ep (w / Mikael Stavostrand rmx)
a1. Live TV Suicide
a2. Live TV Suicide (Mikael Stavostrand rmx)
b1. Ond Saft
b2. Pass The Orb

Listen Here:
https://www.beatport.com/en-US/html/con ... 86-index=0

On this release we bring you the mysterious Swedish duo, Black Art Orchestra (aka Hakan Lidbo & Johan Fotmeijer), Live TV Suicide ep.

The title track, Live TV Suicide, could be described as beautiful jacky techno. The first minute and a half begins with a reverberating warble that eventually builds into a colorful array of vocal stabs and percussive jerks.

Next, the Mikael Stavostrand remix of Live TV Suicide opens up with 808 drums, accompanied by hiccups, clicks and TR-727-ish latin style drums. The track moves into full gear as the congas beat away and the main high hat drops in halfway through the song successfully merging the vibe from the original with Stavostrand's signature funky sound.

Ond Saft is masterfully crafted jacky techno gem that starts with a solid 4x4 kick coupled by squelching stabs reminiscent of an old atari game. The bassline/melody comes in 1 minute into the song, as percussive elements start to weave in and out of the quirky yet head-bobbing rhythm. Simply brilliant.

And finally, Pass The Orb starts out with a quirky bassline that is then paired with clinky high hats reminiscent of the ticking of a clock. The bassline then goes on to make it's point as it is modulated and filtered with noise as other percussive elements compliment it's effort.

Overall, this release is a breath of fresh air, as it merges old school and new school techno that will undoubtedly make you lose your mind on the dance floor.
Viva Mineral!

Mastered by Cesare vs. Disorder
Available at Beatport via Intergroove Dist.

Falko Brocksieper (sub static, karloff)
"black art orchestra strikes back at last!! love the dark clonky basslines, and also mikael's remix is a winner."

Mathias Schaffhäuser (ware)
Live TV Suicide (original) - great sound design, great bass!! like it. very nice interpretation of modern house music. will play it
Live TV Suicide / Mikael Stavostrand Remix - ok, but not THAT inspired. heard these percussions much tzoo often these days
Ond Saft - bit too hard + confused for my set, but nice. perfect madness.
Pass The Orb - cool track again, perfectly reduced + on the point at the same time.
will chart + play the ep

Mark Henning (soma, vakant)
The remix is the sh!t!! :)

Le K (circus company)
Great and solid 4/4 twisted groovy alien. Love the quirky basslines,  and the  jackin' rythmics.  B2 is my favorite, will play that  stuff often in the next weeks! Stavostrand rmx is great too, different style, same energy. Thanks for that!

Raresh ( cocoon)
very nice mikael stavostrand remix
thanks for sending

Mr.Statik (Rotary Cocktail, Immigrant, Athens)
Hey there once again, very solid ep from the Mineral camp, really dig both Live Tv Suicide and Mikael's "china" flavored reworked, but I think my fave here is the quirky pass the orb!

Signal Deluxe (persona/fade/revolver/mexico)
mineral rules!!!
our favourite tracks here are: live tv suicide original and mikaels remix
nice dark groovy stuff, big support in mexican dance floors!!!
loving this ep!

Dan Curtin (tuning spork, peacefrog)
some pretty crazy and wierd sh!t!  The Mikael mix  is the one that I would play

Someone Else (foundsound)
i love mikael's remix,!  i'll probably be playing this one.

Mieka Du Franx (feline phonix)
yo! Im a big fan of the Mikael Stavostrand remix, I love his sound and it's
perfect on this mineral release. will play & chart for sure

Noah Pred (thoughtless)
i like mikael's remix best. thanks for sending..

Konstantin Gabbro (adjunct, orac)
Nice one dude!!!! "Live TV suicide" is sick!!!!!!
I'm glad Mineral has picked up speed man, keep the wheels spinning!!!!!

Andrew Grant (circoloco / barraca music)
Mikael Stavostrand Remix is silly good  9/10
great work!

Meat (get physical/below)
like very much the mikael stavöst. rmx.
good tune...will play it 4 sure!!!

Gregor Treshor (datapunk, moon harbour)
excellent release, played out the stavöstrand remix on the you fm clubnight radioshow last weekend.

Patrick Lindsey (harthouse, fuel)
sick sh!t. . pass the orb and the original of live tv suicide is my pick. hehe! n1

Christopher Bleckmann (ware, mute)
cool! thanks...

Keinzweiter (spontan muzik)
I like this one. It has an oldschool touch. Reminds me a little bit of the sound we played back in around 2000 but it..s a little bit more groove than this. The Remix is not really my cup of tea. I..m a little bit bored of the entire Minimal-Sound. We need more stuff like "ont saft". This fucks up your head 6 ..clock in the morning.
Last edited by Big Bully on Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:35 pm, edited 9 times in total.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

This is a great one
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
Posso
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Posso »

Yeeeeeah Bully bringing it on!!!
Like this EP a lot, some weird driving quarky stuff. Reminds me of the Mosquito days. MS mix for me ;)
CPM
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by CPM »

the mineral releases just keep getting better.
awesome sh!t. defiantly work it into my sets