- free art
gooner
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

// Clever Music 004 - DNCN - K-Holes & Middle Management

Post by gooner »

// Clever Music 004 - DNCN - "K-Holes & Middle Management EP"

http://www.clevermusic.net

Happy new-year to all and sundry! We have finally arisen from our deep space, winter stasis, carbon freezer units to the arousing crystalline house inflections of Manchester's own DNCN. The first UK artist to feature on Clever Music v2, you may recognise DNCN on sojourn from his oft-lauded Hippocamp releases. Sitting somewhere between the blissed-out melancholy of Charles Webster's deepest house and Akufen's skipping, glitch-fusion funk, this EP has it all, rather like a date with your favourite Clever Music DJ. And it's a 7-tracker - blimey!

Opening with sensual moody pads, turn the lights down low and relax to grooving bass and bugging drums; 'Attempt Two' sets the deeply funky tone which permeates this hunk of an EP. 'Caravanning' takes the listener over to the couch, pours a glass of wine and whispers sweet drum loops and sparse, dubbed out vocals into their ear before 'Dont Pass Go' almost imperceptibly moves its hands behind the listener's shoulders, into a maddening embrace, bridging the transition from chill-out to dance-floor house with understated hip wiggling keys.

'How to Know' unhooks the bra while simultaneously laying down a subtle minimal groove with organic beats, trippy fx and an old school sample in the vein of Moody Man. Dextrous. Having warmed the bed, 'Stillfukinggotit' swaggers into the bedroom wearing only its silk pyjamas. Reeking of infectious confidence, this track skips like a Tod Edwards joint and funks like Akufen on some strong sh!t. Ouch. Play loud for full effect kids.

Club funk with a deeper-than-deep edge, 'Third Hand of Man' works its magic with a long, sensual grind, bringing the listener to a joyous climax and making a delectable mess of your newest sheets. Pausing only momentarily, 'Immaterial' throws the listener onto the floor for a second round of blissful, back-scratching house business, which leaves crimson carpet burns on the knees and a sublime aftertaste.

Good night all. Cigarette? Pillow talk? Anyone...?

Release Page

------------------------------------------------------------------

We hope you enjoy! :) As usual, we are always on the lookout for new music so drop us a line to get involved.

Cheers.
Clever Music
http://www.clevermusic.net
Last edited by gooner on Sun Jan 23, 2005 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

wooo...clever is bak on feet!

:D :D :D
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
Shadi Megallaa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Shadi Megallaa »

Wikkkked!!! Was starting to get restless, downloading now. Can't wait to give em a listen. Cheers Clever peeps 8)
plaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by plaster »

hey i got problems downloading the tracks...it doesn't start. :?
Drop the idea of becoming someone else, because you are already a masterpiece.
gooner
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by gooner »

hmmm... seems to be a general problem with archive.org.. i can't get to any textone release pages either :roll:

give it a while and try again - shouldn't be down for long i don't reckon..

enjoy :)
Militikie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Militikie »

it isn`t working

i tried the zip file, but the download does not start :(

edit:didn`t saw the comment by you gooner...gonna wait a while and then try again
minimal house
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by minimal house »

Deep. The first two have a herbert feel to them. I only got the first 3 though.
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

Militikie wrote:i tried the zip file, but the download does not start :(
there's a general problem with zip files if you're on mac os x: read this for a fix:
http://www.archive.org/about/faqs.php#206

no problem downloading here!