[Eklo038] - Les Points - 4 Quantum Verstricheni Jungs usem..

- wax
Tape27
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[Eklo038] - Les Points - 4 Quantum Verstricheni Jungs usem..

Post by Tape27 »

Pervade
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [Eklo038] - Les Points - 4 Quantum Verstricheni Jungs us

Post by Pervade »

Love everything these guys do. A1/B1/B2 for me!
Get busy listenin', or get busy dyin'.
Tape27
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Tape27 »

yeah man, I think it's crazy how big their output is. on the other side I don't understand why they make such a limited release like the timeless ep. They have sich a high support right now, should be clear that more than 250 ppl want to buy the ep ^^ but I like that they are thinking about making the record available for more people. Hope they figure something out.
outsidersmontreal
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by outsidersmontreal »

Tape27 wrote:yeah man, I think it's crazy how big their output is. on the other side I don't understand why they make such a limited release like the timeless ep. They have sich a high support right now, should be clear that more than 250 ppl want to buy the ep ^^ but I like that they are thinking about making the record available for more people. Hope they figure something out.
lol wut??

Timeless is Francesco Del Garda's label...so it was his decision about pressing 250 copies....not Les Points....they also mentioned this before.
Tape27
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Tape27 »

I know... but they have to agree to the condition when they give their music to him don't they ?!
Nicola Kazimir
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Nicola Kazimir »

Well I have to tell Garda was the only one willing to listen to over 200 unreleased songs at that time, which I really adore him for.
When you are sitting on so many songs, you just want them to be released, doesn't matter which policy, else you start to question your output and your motivation falls to create new music. So you release on labels with diverse policies targeting different markets. If I would be super strict with my views there wouldn't be any other Les Points or Nicola Kazimir besides the ones on our label because the rest is on vinyl only labels. And believe me Vinyl Only and Limiting doesn't resonate with my views about the future of techno/music. As a young artist that needs and wants exposure first you can't effort to just release on labels that share your view 100% - if i'm honest mostly they won't respond on initial demos mails or the labels will be not be 100% with your views (some less, some more) how to distribute music. So choose now having nothing out or having music out, that will get ripped, lands on youtube and people still in some way have access to it by efforts of other people. I'm having a rough time finding like minded people, you could tell I feel alienated in the realms im currently operating, but things change so fast, when vinyl only was a thing , decentral markets will come and people will open up to distribution formats so fast, some will be laughing how restricted they once were in with their label handlings and some will stay like this, which also needs a place and market.. So you never now how labels could open up in future, no? :)
Tape27
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Tape27 »

yeah thats really cool he takes so much time to listen trough all your stuff.
I can totally understand how you are feeling torn between releasing music or not.
For me it is okay when some labels just want to release vinyl (for many different reasons) but I don't understand why putting a hype about a record. The label owner has nothing from the prices which appear on discogs and it was pretty clear that this one gets sold so high.
In my opinion it is not about having access to it or not, it is about having access to the good audio files! I don't care if there are some bad quality youtube rips. I want to consume the music in highest condition.
For me bandcamp is a really nice solution for problem like this: the artists can charge fair money for their work.
anyway.. keep up the good stuff.
Nicola Kazimir
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Nicola Kazimir »

yes bandcamp is a valid solution, but lots of labels arent using it.

But lets not dwell to long on that, it is what it is derrick would say.