[TL01] LESPOINTS - Timeless 01

- wax
Nicola Kazimir
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: [TL01] LESPOINTS - Timeless 01

Post by Nicola Kazimir »

vauchl wrote:
sundayafterglow wrote:Just imagine how many of the people who pre-ordered this (before even listening to the snippets) are the regular known and unknown Discogs sharks.

I like the tracks, but these limited and exclusive editions start driving me crazy. There are so many people who want and deserve this record, but wouldn't feed the greedy bastards.
You were able to preview that one already three months ago when FDG posted a video on Facebook ;) Guess what, that 4 Track ep costs nearly 16€ + Shipping from italy and since I know its from Les Points and not from FDG im no longer interested..Its not the discogs sharks, its les point, fdg and Ultrasuoni Records who wants to rip you off -ex
You are so adorable, sometimes when people have no clue about artist relations, label business and the pricing mechanism (you cleary must think we decided the price) - they should think twice before posting false accusations.

Now that you know its from us makes you dislike the same track you liked before, I will meme this mate. For internet pleasure. Lol
matti
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by matti »

has definitely nothing to do with the artists.. also what sundayafterglow means "are the regular known discogs sharks" is that obviously with such a limited amount and high prices you just feed those sharks,
you can be almost certain that as soon as the record is out some of those sharks are reselling their copy for a higher price on discogs!
also not mentioning the artist (only here in the forum as far as i know) and only releasing snippets after you mentioned that it is limited all leads for me to the conclusion that actually the music and the artists who created it are not in the center of attention, its more about making a name for the label and whoever is behind it... so, its a marketing strategy that creates highprices and a hype

edit: wondering actually who has listened to the samples yet, nice music btw nicola
Nicola Kazimir
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Nicola Kazimir »

:-flower
bkrec wrote:i don't blame lespoints, i mean they just made great tracks, the decision to make not so many copies and sell it only through ultrasuoni is probably from the label owner so FDG - yeh the price is actually a rip off, on this i agree but yeh what can you do - honestly i don't think that owning this record would make any difference in my collection or bag.
I'm just arguing in the perspective of the artist.
We want to have music out, how the label goes about it, we really dont care.
We're glad that Francesco is so passionate and went through more than 200 unreleased tracks at once.

Well someone should put them on soulseek. ;:)
180gram
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 180gram »

200...jesus christ lol
vauchl
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by vauchl »

Nicola Kazimir wrote:You are so adorable, sometimes when people have no clue about artist relations, label business and the pricing mechanism (you cleary must think we decided the price) - they should think twice before posting false accusations.

Now that you know its from us makes you dislike the same track you liked before, I will meme this mate. For internet pleasure. Lol
To be honest I have absolutely no idea about releasing records or any kind of marketing strategies and yup, i am gonna be one proud owner of timeless 01.
As the perspective of a collector and thats what i am, this ep has not the same collectrr value if it is NOT from FDG. Its great that FDG chose you but in the end its just another ep from les point, now this time on FDGs upcoming label, strong limited and about to feed those sharks DER PUNKT .

THIS IS NO OFFENSE AT ALL KAZI
Nicola Kazimir
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Nicola Kazimir »

:idea: :idea:
vauchl wrote:
Nicola Kazimir wrote:You are so adorable, sometimes when people have no clue about artist relations, label business and the pricing mechanism (you cleary must think we decided the price) - they should think twice before posting false accusations.

To be honest I have absolutely no idea about releasing records or any kind of marketing strategies and yup, i am gonna be one proud owner of timeless 01.
As the perspective of a collector and thats what i am, this ep has not the same collectrr value if it is NOT from FDG. Its great that FDG chose you but in the end its just another ep from les point, now this time on FDGs upcoming label, strong limited and about to feed those sharks DER PUNKT .

Well before you said youre not interested based on the revealed artist information, and now its like you had been baptised in quantum loop comment time and you are a buyer. Great.

Also assume Francesco releases more stuff with his name in Future, there goes the hypothetical market value. Sharking now? Thought we dont distinct and want a free and liberal price policy.

Im not offended, just want to discuss in a forum.
BrokenBo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by BrokenBo »

vauchl wrote:

so your point is? first you are not interested because it is from les points, now you are a "proud owner", but also you don´t really care since you buy vinyl only when it has collecting value....
Pervade
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Pervade »

so your point is? first you are not interested because it is from les points, now you are a "proud owner", but also you don´t really care since you buy vinyl only when it has collecting value....
Makes me wonder how many of the people buying these records are actually gonna play them, and how many are going to put them on a shelf to sell to the highest bidder when supply runs out. lol. A bit sad.

Love the A1 on the record btw Nicola, it's just a shame about how it has been marketed (which isn't your fault anyway).
Get busy listenin', or get busy dyin'.