[FAS012] Julian Perez - Solemnity

- wax
dudemaster
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[FAS012] Julian Perez - Solemnity

Post by dudemaster »

Solemnity is a vinyl-only double LP. It's the twelfth and final release on Perez's Fathers & Sons Productions label, which has released work from artists like S.A.M., Livio & Roby and Brian Harden in the past.
JulianPerez delivers his debut album Solemnity on the artist's own imprint, Fathers & Sons Productions. This 2x12” vinyl release is a deep sonic journey highlighting Perez's attention to detail and the evolution of style gained from many years of refining.

Solemnity branches out in many directions but is unmistakably Perez, expressing himself musically more than ever before. Presenting relaxing soundscapes that float through various atmospheres plus perfectly-mixed 909 beats, listeners can expect a journey of songs that ranges from innocent and deep to club-friendly and driving.

The album’s title comes from the state of being serious and dignified, which is seen in this complete package from the artwork to the mix and expert selection of sounds. Solemnity by #JulianPerez is a window to the artist's dedication to his craft and ability to create honest sound. It's an album that should be listened to from start to finish. We solemnly swear.

https://soundcloud.com/fathersandsons/sets/fas012
Pervade
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [FAS012] Julian Perez - Solemnity

Post by Pervade »

Doesn't sound half bad! I'm surprised that this is the final release...
Get busy listenin', or get busy dyin'.
taltul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by taltul »

Julian is a good friend of mine, so in case you have some feedback I will be happy to send it personally :)
Peace.
loos
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by loos »

when i read julian's post on facebook about the last release on FAS, i was expecting something very very good... Not even close, though.
scooby
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by scooby »

b3 is beautiful
taltul
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by taltul »

loos wrote:when i read julian's post on facebook about the last release on FAS, i was expecting something very very good... Not even close, though.
well I assume it all depends on what you expect from the releases and what you finally get... :)
give it a few listens and maybe it will grow on you, who knows.
sundayafterglow
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by sundayafterglow »

There are some nice tracks (B1 and the breaky ones for me), but generally I don't feel it. It lacks the FAS soul in my opinion. Seems like Julian is taking a diffetent direction and that's the reason he is closing the label.
180gram
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 180gram »

Yea, it's more dubby than anything I expected. More in line with his last release on Subwax rather than anything he put out on FAS.