[LickMyDeck15] Melchior Productions Ltd. Tracking The Psyche

- wax
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Re: [LickMyDeck15] Melchior Productions Ltd. Tracking The Ps

Post by John Clees »

Matt Jolley wrote:All shops now have the right samples :)

[juno]http://www.juno.co.uk/products/melchior ... 582744-01/[/juno]

[deejay]http://www.deejay.de/LMD015_-_Melchior_ ... yl__194530[/deejay]

tested : New juno and deejay buttons / currently working on one for decks.

:-flower
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

I like the release, but just one point of critique. Could you please stop releasing records with too small leaves? No matter how good the record is, it makes me want to snap the record in two and throw it out of the window! -squint -boom
Matt Jolley
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Matt Jolley »

Roy Koch wrote:I like the release, but just one point of critique. Could you please stop releasing records with too small leaves? No matter how good the record is, it makes me want to snap the record in two and throw it out of the window! -squint -boom
I think the issue here is that you have some serious anger issues if you have to snap a record in two and throw it out of a window :lol:

The sleeves we use are called discobag's they are supposed to be a "perfect fit" with the record.

Maybe the sleeves you are used to (that don't make you want to throw the record out of the window) are spined sleeves that have paper inners inside, these are totally different sleeves.
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

Matt Jolley wrote:
Roy Koch wrote:I like the release, but just one point of critique. Could you please stop releasing records with too small leaves? No matter how good the record is, it makes me want to snap the record in two and throw it out of the window! -squint -boom
I think the issue here is that you have some serious anger issues if you have to snap a record in two and throw it out of a window :lol:

The sleeves we use are called discobag's they are supposed to be a "perfect fit" with the record.

Maybe the sleeves you are used to (that don't make you want to throw the record out of the window) are spined sleeves that have paper inners inside, these are totally different sleeves.
Haha, maybe a should see a therapist for my anger issues then :D Actually, as long as I am not using any inner sleeves the record fits fine, although a bit tight.
But since I am nerd like that, I always want to have an inner sleeve for my records as well to prevent wearing it down too quickly. Now I have to choose between switching the outer sleeve for a generic black sleeve so the inner sleeve fits - which is a waste for the nice artwork - or not using an inner sleeve and damaging the record everytime I remove it from the sleeve. I know, first world problems, but maybe you could reconsider it for your next releases? I want to be able to play the records in ten years time as well. The costs shouldn't be that much either I recon (assuming this was a choice of saving costs?).
Matt Jolley
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Matt Jolley »

Hi Roy,

The reason why we do not use spined sleeves has nothing to do with costs as we already spend so much money on artwork and production that having inner sleeves would not be a problem for us. It is to do with two main reasons 1. After a while paper inner sleeves tear and it is actually harder when they do tear to put the record back into the sleeves and makes the sleeve look messy. 2. The tighter fit sleeves we use (discobag's) without paper inners are actually much more durable and protect the vinyl much much better. Plus in our opinion they look much better with the artwork we do and the final product with two holes with artwork looks seemless and refined.

** Plus our sleeves are not standard. What we have done is enhance our disco sleeves by using ( 300 g/m²) quality cardboard for extra quality and also extra durability.

Discobag's are in retrospect actually higher quality innersleeves that are much better quality for protecting the vinyl.
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

Matt Jolley wrote:Hi Roy,

The reason why we do not use spined sleeves has nothing to do with costs as we already spend so much money on artwork and production that having inner sleeves would not be a problem for us. It is to do with two main reasons 1. After a while inner sleeves tear and it is actually harder when they do tear to put the record back into the sleeves and makes the sleeve look messy. 2. The tighter fit sleeves we use (discobag's) without inners are actually much more durable and protect the vinyl much much better. Plus in our opinion they look much better with the artwork we do and the final product with two holes with artwork looks seemless and refined.

** Plus our sleeves are not standard. What we have done is enhance our disco sleeves by using ( 300 g/m²) quality cardboard for extra quality and also extra durability.

Discobag's are in retrospect actually higher quality innersleeves that are much better quality for protecting the vinyl.
I don't think I agree with you regarding the better preservation using discobag's, someone should conduct some scientific research on this issue ;) But thanks for the explanation! From now on I will no longer use any inner sleeves with my LMD records.
Matt Jolley
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Matt Jolley »

Well conducting scientific research would be cool but honestly after speaking with three of the oldest plants in the industry and them all saying discobag's protect vinyl much better it was a no brainer.

When paper inners tear they leave miniscule traces of dust that rub against the vinyl and get pushed into the grooves. Even plastic inners for example can warp the record and create moss/fungi in high heat situations into the grooves.

We did a lot of research before using the sleeves we use (we are extremely geeky when it comes to the manufacturing) and found the sleeves we use are all round best in our opinion for our records.

Of course all vinyl collects dust from static or in the places they are stored.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i think i buy this one because i now want to see that discobag