[Perlon105] Vilod - Safe In Harbour

- wax
thedude
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [Perlon105] Vilod - Safe In Harbour

Post by thedude »

for me it's crap! was hoping for some serious unr. villa track's that I have been hearing last years by dj's like tanaka, rhadoo en & raresh but it's this experimental sh!t again.

He has so much serious killers....
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

finally some audio samples for this release... thanks for posting here..

I used to love that site for shipping in the US - $5 flat shipping. it's been years since I went there. nice to see they finally have audio samples there...
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

thedude wrote:for me it's crap! was hoping for some serious unr. villa track's that I have been hearing last years by dj's like tanaka, rhadoo en & raresh but it's this experimental sh!t again.

He has so much serious killers....
well obviously you wouldn't get those tracks on a collab with Loderbauer.............have u not listened to re-ecm?

and to quote Ricardo... " 99% of the things are not coming out "
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

Philsen wrote:hm, after listening to the first 3 samples its more meh than yeah ...

edit: after listening to the rest, i think i pass ... if you like sitting in a bar full of avant-garde hipsters listening fully concentrated to this abstract electronic "jazz"? and like extra high level discussions after listening, then it will fit for you ... but for me this only may work on a high dose ketamin or s.else ... not my cup of tea ... i dont know the full tracks, but i think i know how they will sound in complete ... then i prefer to listen to real jazz ... peace :-flower
haha do u need drugs to listen to ambient / experimental music ? i mean did u guys really expect to hear full on dance tracks from a Vilod album ?
Philsen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Philsen »

b-ran wrote:
Philsen wrote:hm, after listening to the first 3 samples its more meh than yeah ...

edit: after listening to the rest, i think i pass ... if you like sitting in a bar full of avant-garde hipsters listening fully concentrated to this abstract electronic "jazz"? and like extra high level discussions after listening, then it will fit for you ... but for me this only may work on a high dose ketamin or s.else ... not my cup of tea ... i dont know the full tracks, but i think i know how they will sound in complete ... then i prefer to listen to real jazz ... peace :-flower
haha do u need drugs to listen to ambient / experimental music ? i mean did u guys really expect to hear full on dance tracks from a Vilod album ?
no, i just wanted to exaggerate my feelings about that boring stuff i heard in the samples, maybe a lil bit sarcastic at all ... just not my cup of tea ... and no i just not expected a full on dance mania album, but something else than that ... anyway, i never really listend to their re: ecm album, maybe then i would have expected somth like that ... nuff said ...

edit: if experimental, spacy and non straight to the floor tunes comes on my decks, then it would be smth like this: https://soundcloud.com/firecracker-reco ... -nan-creag - ...
Last edited by Philsen on Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-everything you think, do and say
is in the pill you took today-
:zager and evans:

-life is of the nature of water:
it always seeks the deepest place,
which is always below in the darkness
and heaviness of the earth.-
:c.g. jung:
rap_dot_com
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rap_dot_com »

I'm incredibly down with this and it's what I was hoping for from the two of them. I'm looking forward to it a ton.

Obviously it's not a double pack of straight dancefloor heaters, but I'm definitely anticipating an enjoyable listen and the logical progression from the Re:ECM work. Riccy's still at work on the dancefloor stuff, with the new Raum... 12", remixes, etc.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

everytime a ricardo release pops up, a little part of me still has hope that there is a proper dancefloor track on there - but after countless disappointments i think this kind of stuff is all he will ever make.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

After their ECM remix compilation and their "leftfield" and experimental live acts performed in churches and theaters amongst other places, this album makes complete sense imho.