Re: [DELAPHINE004] S.A.M. - Delaphine 004

Post by pure_evil »

Yup, all over this :)
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

i dont understand why he/mandar are releasing so quickly, it makes the releases less special...
pure_evil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pure_evil »

Because they have plenty of good music and want to share it with us. I guess it should be "special" to the listener/buyer because of the actual music rather than how often they release.
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

pure_evil wrote:Because they have plenty of good music and want to share it with us. I guess it should be "special" to the listener/buyer because of the actual music rather than how often they release.
Releasing a record every month or even two records in a month is simply too much. It doesn't give the listeners/DJs enough time to digest what they've released. If they have so many tracks they can release a 2x12 rather than so many individual releases. Oscillat 02 + 03 could have been one release easily. And this Delaphine release sounds like outtakes from the first two, its easily his weakest release so far which is obvious to tell because the b side reuses many of the same sounds in his other releases. Also think about people buying the records, buying records is an expensive hobby and most people will not be able to afford to get all the releases at this pace. I know i'll be skipping Delaphine 03+04 and Oscillat 03 because they sound like filler releases but also because I want to keep some $ for other releases from other artists.
pure_evil
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by pure_evil »

well if they release 2x12 or whatever to please some people then others will say " well i only like 3 tracks, why should i pay for the other 6 which I'm not really keen on?"

There you have it - you don't like Oscillat03 and the upcoming 2 releases on Delaphine so you don't buy them :D

Its a hobby as you said, no one is making us buy everything they release :D We can't own everything.

Obviously they have their own strategy whatever that might be, but asking them to slow down because some people can't afford it .... :D
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

i'm just saying by releasing this much clearly the quality has decreased. the first two delaphine releases were ace imo and I thought the label was really onto something. now? not as much.

anyway of course they can do whatever they please, I didn't ask them to slow down I was just simply stating the fact that the people buying their records might want some more time between the releases.
AnonMusic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by AnonMusic »

I find this happens a lot. A producer will be relatively unknown, or even have no releases, and then suddenly they're brought into the spot light through a their first few releases. They've worked extremely hard on their music and want everything to be perfect for their first release. Labels are less likely to pick up randoms if the music is not up to standard.

After that stage, they become the sort of 'hot' artists of the year and start releasing like crazy because they have confidence and labels really want to work with them. This leads to a ton of a releases, some that are obviously great, but mostly average.

I have to agree with b-ran, these last few releases have been nothing inspiring. Maybe my tastes have changed since his first few releases, or maybe I'm just getting over the usual sound that's being released by these artists.

(also, it definitely is expensive to buy all their new releases. spread it out.)