[PNR003] Pluie/Noir - Year One Compilation

Post by Philsen »

Pluie/Noir
PNR003

Release date:
31/7/2013

https://soundcloud.com/pluie-noir/sets/ ... ompilation

FromSoundcloud:

"(...) The narrative to the compilation reflects Pluie/Noir’s minimalistic musical template. Each track is a concise exploration of house music’s skeleton, leaving nothing to waste but never feeling in slightest bit sterile. Neither is the compilation monotonous: at times it’s surprising and unpredictable, but in an organized, artistic manner. Three Angel’s ‘Hor-Ma’ (A1) progresses subtly, shaped by soft bumps and clicks. It’s welcoming, cleverly paving the way for the rest the compilation to interact. The now familiar Radiq follows with a typically eccentric addition, ‘Goodbye South Goodbye’ (A2). Characterised by its splintered hybridization microhouse and ambient techno, it’s certainly a head turner. Pluie/Noir founder Cleymoore contributes with ‘Starpauseflash’, a sleek and delicate number that uses looped keys and syncopated percussion to create something thought provoking. ‘New Way’ by Ztrl (B2) follows in this vein, the funky, tripped-out pattering of percussion and dreamy keynotes are spread out across a remarkably stripped-back rhythmic blueprint. Vlad Caia’s ‘Subject 238’ (C1) represents the taste of Romania that has been so inspirational to Pluie/Noir. It’s simple, clean and devastatingly effective. Diogo’s delightfully named ‘Insecuriosity’ (C1) is an impudent tapestry of sounds, rich with idiosyncratic sampling and impulsivity, reminiscent of early Perlon. This evocation is carried over to Dr. Nojoke’s alluring ‘Awrani’ (D1), which again exposes its very delicate compositional layers by draining everything from its low-end. It’s a divine afterhours groove that ripples and shakes in all the right places.

French-born, London-based Seuil changes gear with ‘Prelude’ (D2), which draws from the same diverse sonic palate as those before him on the compilation but works from a noticeably more solid 4/4 foundation. Albert Schwartz’s ‘11aa99’ (E1) introduces the compilation’s first use of vocals- the deep, soulful American lyrics work alchemically with the shuffling house beat. ‘An Apple Pie a Day’ by Andres Marcos (E2) is another percussive session, but the experimental Pluie/Noir touches keep the piece alive. The penultimate ‘White Steps’ by Levat (F1) is gorgeous slice of microhouse, lean and groovy, the vocal slivers adding a little Melchior to the mix, before the compilation closes with S.A.M’s ‘You’re Gonna Be Okay’ (F2), another outing of enigmatic, stripped-back house.

Elegantly presented in gatefold format, this highly collectable release reflects on a successful first year for Pluie/Noir while also signifying a very promising future. A canon of DJ delights on one hand, it’s also wonderfully applicable in the home setting, ensuring its practical longevity and status as a musical treasure for a long time to come."
-everything you think, do and say
is in the pill you took today-
:zager and evans:

-life is of the nature of water:
it always seeks the deepest place,
which is always below in the darkness
and heaviness of the earth.-
:c.g. jung:
R40UL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [PNR003] Pluie/Noir - Year One Compilation

Post by R40UL »

Finally some levat stuff on waxxxxx (*) (*)
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

i dont get the buisness plan of pluie/noir

from discogs:
It was created with the sole purpose of releasing music with a very specific signature and a cutting-edge attitude, in a complete graphical package that might include posters, videos or any other type of creative audio-visual media.
ok so i have to say they got the creative, graphical part covered pretty good.
but very specific signature?

first a pedro release. i hoped they did this only to have a good start, so that everybody knows the label ect.
second was a pretty standard vlad caia release, not that he did something out of his comfort zone for pluie/noir.

now we already have a one year compilation. i guess this all comes in one package for 30 or more euro?
with a lot of very minimal mediocre, romanian influenced tracks.

i feel there are so many labels out there who cover that sound already, maybe not with nice graphics and maybe only in a paper sleeve, but still.
these tracks would have found a home really easy, if not on vinyl, digital for sure.

at the moment this is for me a romainian label, based in portugal.
maybe thats exactly what they had in mind, i had other expectations.

my guess is, this will stay for a loooong time in the shops.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Beatport tech-house Image.

Also, i don't know what has to happen for me to buy a record with a Dr. Nojoke track on it.
Igloobs
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Igloobs »

breton wrote:i don't know what has to happen for me to buy a record with a Dr. Nojoke track on it.

ahah thought the same
AnonMusic
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by AnonMusic »

Like a few of the tracks but the rest are less than mediocre. Wish they didn't do a 3xVinyl release. Why didn't they release all these tracks before? They've only released 4 tracks in 1 year... . And now they release 12 in a single package. Hype it up. This is not going to be worth the price tag. The description even says, "highly collectable release". That's exactly what it will be. Sitting on people's shelves, looking pretty, never getting played.
ali_
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ali_ »

Themis wrote: at the moment this is for me a romainian label, based in portugal.
+1, im kinda dissapointed
valloo
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by valloo »

ali_ wrote:
Themis wrote: at the moment this is for me a romainian label, based in portugal.
+1, im kinda dissapointed
I quite agree that Pluie/noir riding the wave of romanian wave. But imo they offer something different compared to the last allinblack releases for exemple, or everything like Pleasure Zone, bodyparts, etc...
I find some tracks here realy good, but yeah i'm pretty afraid of the box price :?