and in neutral the forth..

http://www.deejay.de/In_Neutral_2x12__129734

at least according to deejay.de
Funkhunt
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [CGTX002] Gemini - Gemini Traxx Part Two

Post by Funkhunt »

Represses in some cases are such a nice slap in the face of the usual second hand market crap and speculation. In this case, chiwax has my full suport.
manwell
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by manwell »

Are they having them remastered? I have an original copy of in neutral but I'd rather prefer to have a good sound quality reissue.
guitarhero
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by guitarhero »

I don't know if Swimmin' Wit' Sharks on Chiwax is remastered or not but often I don't like the remasterings, good examples are the Sushitech Sullivan / Bluetrain records. I simply don't like the sound, it sounds so harsh, bright and edgy. I will definitely prefer the original Classic if the Chiwax record is remastered, because in my opinion an old record should sound like an old record. The people 15 years ago weren't untalented or had bad equipment, they just had other esthetics of sound. And I kinda like it and trust them more than some new and motivated, sometimes maybe a little bit over-motivated mastering-engineers.

Of course there are some bad sounding old records which should be remastered, too, but Swimmin' Wit' Sharks definitely doesn't belong to that type of records.

If somebody is interested in selling me the original for a reasonable price, please „pm“ me :-flower
SanderMartin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SanderMartin »

guitarhero wrote: good examples are the Sushitech Sullivan / Bluetrain records. I simply don't like the sound, it sounds so harsh, bright and edgy.
We're going offtopic now but the Bluetrain reissue was done 'the old way' and by the same engineer who did a lot of the originals back in the day.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

mrMartin the bullshit exposer.
Papa Bear
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Papa Bear »

breton wrote:mrMartin the bullshit exposer.
:lol:
guitarhero
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by guitarhero »

mrMartin wrote:
guitarhero wrote: good examples are the Sushitech Sullivan / Bluetrain records. I simply don't like the sound, it sounds so harsh, bright and edgy.
We're going offtopic now but the Bluetrain reissue was done 'the old way' and by the same engineer who did a lot of the originals back in the day.
Like I said, the esthetics of sound have changed, not the talent or the equipment.