[CGTX001] Gemini - Gemini Traxx Part One

- wax
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [CGTX001] Gemini - Gemini Traxx Part One

Post by Roy Koch »

roland wrote:wow, the new one sounds quiet and sh!t..

people were right, those are all shameless bootlegs..
It sounds fine? Note that this release is even digitally available. Even if it is an illegal bootleg they should still be able to get a good quality.
LSTL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by LSTL »

i stopped caring about this reissue series after listening my copy of swimmin wit sharks. Awful
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

Roy Koch wrote:

It sounds fine? Note that this release is even digitally available. Even if it is an illegal bootleg they should still be able to get a good quality.

it sounds fine? i just listended to it at my friend's place.. heard the first record, a-side.. the inner track lifted life was so quiet, you can't put it in the red even if you turn the gain on 100% .. and that was a pioneer mixer.. if you wanna play this on a xone92 in a club this will be close to complete silence..

anyways, i didn't give it a proper listen.. are the other tracks not that quiet?
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

roland wrote:
Roy Koch wrote:

it sounds fine? i just listended to it at my friend's place.. heard the first record, a-side.. the inner track lifted life was so quiet, you can't put it in the red even if you turn the gain on 100% .. and that was a pioneer mixer.. if you wanna play this on a xone92 in a club this will be close to complete silence..

anyways, i didn't give it a proper listen.. are the other tracks not that quiet?
I played two tracks in the club lately and they were both fine. If you want me to, I could verify it, but I didn't notice any specific quiteness.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

i'll drop by my local recordstore and give it a proper listen... anyways since you said you have it and you played it i guess it's qualitywise way better than the swimming with the sharks ep..
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

I just checked the record again. The A2 you are talking about, it runs in the red when I open the volume on the Xone:92 for about 80%. Note that all the eq's are in the regular position. Same goes for the other tracks on the records as well.
I am not sure whether my ears are fucked or that you guys are imagining sound issues, but the Swimming With Sharks EP sounds good to me in terms of sound quality and volume as well.
SanderMartin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by SanderMartin »

Roy Koch wrote: I am not sure whether my ears are fucked or that you guys are imagining sound issues, but the Swimming With Sharks EP sounds good to me in terms of sound quality and volume as well.
Seconded. My copy -the only one of the reissue series i have- sounds fine like a few original ones.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

volume is fine, just the dub version of swimmin with the sharks sounded kinda dull to me and the percussions were not as present as i wished..

then again i don't know how the original vinyl sounds, maybe that's just how he produced it.. it's a dub version after all ^^

will order a copy since my local store doesn't have it.. thanks for checking and giving information mate (*)