[CGTX001] Gemini - Gemini Traxx Part One

- wax
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [CGTX001] Gemini - Gemini Traxx Part One

Post by dirddey_iddler »

nuwave999 wrote:i am seriously questioning the ethics behind these label releases after reading this.

http://lukesolomon.com/?p=1143
fully agree with this and that what i`m wrote sites before!!!

no wonder that some of you guys think this weird and make no sense.

something that mr drewek and the most proponents are lacking of: respect!

Like Luke wrote, to ask a insane for a permission is the same to ask a fish and interpret his double bubbles he made as an strongly "YES". On the other side it is honourable to spend the money to Spencer, but how much? Is it the rest when all costs are covered? Or is it more then that? Why making a vinyl rip off of the entire "over 50€" priced records instead of trying collect money without re-issues?

Sadly but true, so much unselfish isnt anyone who starts a 10 part re issue series.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

totally disagree with this text by luke..

so if we discover music from a guy who died 20 years ago we can't re-release it, cause he is not around to enjoy it? or cause he ain't in control of his catalogue or success?

through reissues like this people from the next generation get access again to music that was almost extinct.. in opposite to articles like that it helps the music to stay alive and stay in the clubs and the minds of producers/djs and clubbers..
nuwave999
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nuwave999 »

breton wrote:
nuwave999 wrote:i am seriously questioning the ethics behind these label releases after reading this.
http://lukesolomon.com/?p=1143
Then don't buy them.
You can always snap up a VG copy on Discogs for €99.99. Buying from scalpers for ten times the price is very ethical and helps preserve Spencer's legacy, right?
Not to mention that Spencer has probably already got accustomed to eating cats and rats and drinking piss, so God forbid he buys a proper meal with money he will get for the represses... Who knows what might happen? He might actually die!

Solomon wrote:he is not in a correct mental state to make calculated decisions that govern the future of his music
And what does the future hold for his music, Luke? Do you expect Spencer to miraculously get better and start making calculated decisions? Or would you rather let his music simply fade away?
i definetly wont be buying them.

i would rather save my pennies and pay 100 euro for an original piece, of which the price go to that point due to 15 + years approx of supply and demand creating that. fair play to those who own it then and want to sell it. his tracks are the few that are worth that money anyway. id rather do it that way than profit a label that are clearly taking advantage of a man in a very mentaly unhinged place. and to think he lost his mind so long ago and still is not recovered is deeply distrurbing.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

Gemini isnt dead!!! He is out of control of his mind.

Luke didnt wrote to celebrate an old artist. To celebrate old records beside new releases is what most of us do here.

This is how music lives and how a mind and soul of an artists is still present.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

so writing a text against the duplification of very rare records in order to make it available for next generations is actually "celebrating the old artist" ??

i disagree..
nuwave999
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by nuwave999 »

the argument some people here are putting up that its good for some money to go spencer from reissues.. well no one here knows his financial situation, how do you know he even needs or wants the money?

and the other argument that the music should be shared already to more djs + producers of the new generations.. .why? are we incapable of making new music, so much we have to keep re-issuing the old. are we so uninspired by the rest of the music out there that we have to go re-issue his stuff. and what about all the djs currently playing his stuff, where do you draw the line. its already out there everywhere from original pressings.

this sadly to me comes down to each one of us just looking out for our own pockets, if you want the music and dont want to pay the prices for originals, then those people are ok with repressings. thats just down to your own selfish needs.

anyone with any morals imo, would see lukes point of view is one of caring for his old friend, and being disgusted at how he and his art is being treated. i trust that over anyone elses
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

roland wrote:so writing a text against the duplification of very rare records in order to make it available for next generations is actually "celebrating the old artist" ??

i disagree..
its a text of how things going on today!
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

they're taking advantage of an ill man. there is a right way to do reissues, even in this situation, this isn't it. this is a tacky, exploitative reissue series with absolutely zero care or thought put into it. look at the order they're releasing the things in, it's completely arbitrary. even the presentation is all over the place. i agree that his music deserves to be heard by more people, but gemini deserves better than chiwax. a lot better.