[CGTX001] Gemini - Gemini Traxx Part One

- wax
taff
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [CGTX001] Gemini - Gemini Traxx Part One

Post by taff »

tsankip wrote:I kind of wish this had come out on some other label. I've been boycotting these rawax, chiwax, nixwax, dubwax and whatever-wax releases. Interested to see what the other "gemini traxx" parts will be.
why you boycott them?
tsankip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tsankip »

taff wrote:
tsankip wrote:I kind of wish this had come out on some other label. I've been boycotting these rawax, chiwax, nixwax, dubwax and whatever-wax releases. Interested to see what the other "gemini traxx" parts will be.
why you boycott them?
Because of the price, coloured vinyl, ltd run and all their different labels. It just looks like a "hype" way of selling records to me and that's why I haven't listened to any of their releases. I'm sure they have some nice stuff on their labels and my friends actually play some of these records, but I decided not to buy any of them. It's just a personal decision.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

tsankip wrote:Because of the price, coloured vinyl, ltd run and all their different labels. It just looks like a "hype" way of selling records to me ...
totally agree..

might wanna add colored 10" ... srsly cannot buy those..
taff
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by taff »

tsankip wrote:
taff wrote:
why you boycott them?
Because of the price, coloured vinyl, ltd run and all their different labels. It just looks like a "hype" way of selling records to me and that's why I haven't listened to any of their releases. I'm sure they have some nice stuff on their labels and my friends actually play some of these records, but I decided not to buy any of them. It's just a personal decision.
indeed they have some good stuff. i share your opinion, i think also they wan't to get more attantion trough represses, wich is in my opinion not a noble way to run a label. the side benefit is to introduce old music to the younger generation and to get those music for a reasonable price, so i can't blame them.
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

obvious point you are all missing:

chiwax will not have the master tapes for most of these reissues

you will be buying a vinyl rip pressed to orange wax... ie a bootleg

if you think thats a good deal then more power to you

the cajual tracks seem to be offered up to any and all so this first one will be properly mastered.
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

i will continue to play my original copies - and as for the ones i dont already own - i wiill continue to hunt for the original.

if you play bootlegs you may as well be playing youtube rips via traktor - and chiwax records look a bit like control vinyl, so its fitting. totally different matter to legitimate reissues.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

so what are you saying?
That for this first release they have the master tapes but for all the following they dont?
do you know which releases will follow?

and do you KNOW that, or simply believing it?
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

they dealed with powis music, powis music manage licences for several artists (Gemini, etc.)

The contact respectively the deals for rereleases were a pain in the ass

got this from an involved person