New Minus: FR-01 Forcept 01

- wax
Renton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Renton »

2 Chris: I think we're talking 'bout different releases here. I meant the originals of the Concept series which were released in '96. The release you're talking about is the Forcept with the Akufen reinterpretations that recently came out. Or am I mistaking? :roll:
"I won't be in today, boss...I'm feeling a little mnml."
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Renton wrote:2 Chris: I think we're talking 'bout different releases here. I meant the originals of the Concept series which were released in '96. The release you're talking about is the Forcept with the Akufen reinterpretations that recently came out. Or am I mistaking? :roll:
both have their charm.... the original concepts were totally in a league of their own and I don't think it's fair to compare them to other types of music just because it was basically an experiment/exploration of sounds and stuff..

As for the Akufen rework - it's definately nice. I had the chance to hear Clark Warner play it before it came out at a night shared at a venue (Goodnight Gracie in Ann Arbor, I was playing as 1/2 of Tractile that night) and knew that it was something I had to get my hands on somehow when it came out. It's got a quality about it that is quite distinguishable from the rest of the stuff coming out on Minus and other labels, probably because of what it was derived from. It definately has a place both in your record case and in your personal music player...
Ludwig
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Ludwig »

Ludwig wrote:watch out for the release 'business' :shock:
november miss magda herself said to me.
you can check it in her tresorset @ 18 minutes..
hm just listning to the new minus on their site and this is not business.. too bad..
check it out the new minus from marc houle & troy !
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

Still looking for the Forcept record... Anyone knows where I can buy it?
*I support southern fruits*
Aïsh
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Aïsh »

yeah indeed a very nice release....
waiting for more of that!!
Mr. Manzel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mr. Manzel »

There will be more had a little chat with akufen last week at a party in a'dam. He said there wil be 2 more releases coming out on forcept.
Timothy Claypole
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Timothy Claypole »

FR:01 is on mine & Mr Biologys new mix. We didnt even know who it was untill we had done the mix, and found out afterwards. (but we had our suspicions it was Hawtin.... :D ).

It really is an amazing track.