[FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

- wax
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

Post by dirddey_iddler »

blizt wrote:The sooner people realize we live in the age of internet the better. You digged in crates for hours, exchanged email on 56k modem... So what? It doesnt make you any better from the rest. Now I can browse forums and ID some old records pretty fast and you feel frustrated. This is just a sign of insecure people needing to feel superior. All I can say is I envy you for being exposed to that music earlier than me. That's it. Accept it, less frustration in your life.

Still I think and original copy it's going to resale better than a repress. Look at Perlon, they are now repressing stuff on black/white colors. It's a way of saying: "hey we still appreciate the people that bought the record when it came out, but we also want more people to have access to it".

Only valid argument I can think from people against the repress is being able to make money on the second hand market. But sooner or later I think we will see the prices from a lot of the supposed "hyped" stuff going down because it's just stupid the amount of some of these being sold on discogs. I can understand some one asking 300€ for "MDMA" or "Law of Grace" if there is only one person in the planet willing to sale it. It's the market that put the prices. Heck! I'll maybe do the same and ask for 500€ better, but you have to live with the fact that music is not your propierty, you OWN ZERO RIGHTS on that stuff. You didnt program sh!t on those drum machines, neither you played those synths. Go on and hate and blame the artists, who are the ones that gave the permission for a repress to happen. Blame them from trying to win some money with their music.
in some points you are right but also wrong

i just can explained my sight of represses. as i wrote in a older threads (i think it was last year), for newer heads represses are good to dive into new old stuff. when the artist will get directly the benefit and can make the music available for all its okay (like perlon, aspect, trelik, rereleasing in different colors on their own plattforms).

that internet is not limited to 56K, hell, god thank you. i profit from this evolution too: found some old digitalized tapes from the past, get new inspirations, find new records faster, get easier etc.

the word "sad" was chosen wrong. the uniqueness, myth, spirit etc. was lost. money isnt relevant for me, just the vinyl.

I have a bunch of samplers, drummachines, outboard fx, a mixing desk etc. and i would be able to make underground dance music with passion and without the dependence of a monthly ammount.
GLAM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by GLAM »

I honestly just really don't get the repress business in house and techno. I don't think I ever spent top-prices on anything - patience and digging and GIVING will take you places, guys, you should try it.

And try collecting more esoteric stuff, where most "regular" collection-filler releases are €100-200 euros. At that point you realize why spending time hunting deals, crate digging everywhere is necessary. But here represses to me also make sense - if I can get a nice sounding reissue of Ghedalia Tazartes output from 77 to 79 for €60, I'll take it - because getting the originals will be something like €300, and this is a low end example - try looking at european modal jazz, musique concrete from the 60s etc. Jazzman's spiritual jazz collections would cost maybe €4000 (even more for the first one) a piece if one wanted the original records. To me, this makes sense reissuing - because the originals won't lose value, and they are so exceptionally rare.

But in this case, we are talking about buying a 12" for a single track where the releases are like median priced at €35 on Ogs - and for sale at slightly above those prices. It's not that bad, guys. Great for Nail that he is getting the exposure, as I really like the music, but really, if you have the expendable income to buy €10 records you can afford to pay €35, oor at least be able to hold your horses and find the original records at good prices.
jespermygind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jespermygind »

^this
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

it gets a little silly now ..
12" for a single track where the releases are like median priced at €35 on Ogs - and for sale at slightly above those prices. It's not that bad, guys.
no one says its bad, but you didnt tell us why its bad if it costs just 10 €.
keto
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by keto »

Sorry guys but this has to be the most disgusting/selfish thread I've seen in the history of mnml.nl

First of all. Why do you think only of yourselves?
I'm speaking of myself. I've been collecting vinyls for about 9 years and I have never hear about Nail. I like this EP very much and probably going to buy it. But why the hate towards the label who just wants to make the music more accessible? I really feel sorry for you guys if you think you are somehow special by owning the original press...

The next time I'll see Nail release / him performing somewhere nearby I'll definitely check. I wouldn't have done it before the FOF release. How much profit/use would have been to the artist if I bought his record second-hand for 50 euros for example?
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

keto wrote:Sorry guys but this has to be the most disgusting/selfish thread I've seen in the history of mnml.nl

First of all. Why do you think only of yourselves?
I'm speaking of myself. I've been collecting vinyls for about 9 years and I have never hear about Nail. I like this EP very much and probably going to buy it. But why the hate towards the label who just wants to make the music more accessible? I really feel sorry for you guys if you think you are somehow special by owning the original press...

The next time I'll see Nail release / him performing somewhere nearby I'll definitely check. I wouldn't have done it before the FOF release. How much profit/use would have been to the artist if I bought his record second-hand for 50 euros for example?

arent you selfish too, when you only see your happiness with a repress??

we dont write that you must buy a overpriced original, just that what we think about a repress. nails big d`s lounge wasnt overpriced since the usual suspects rode it down. i bought three for 10€ each and i sold one for 30 because the guy wants it for that price (he bit me more actually)

for all those who are satisfied with a repress, its okay. but its a repress and not the original.

as written before, with patience and experience you mustn`t pay utopian prices, unless you are willing to pay for it ( lazy of searching etc.).

You needed 9 years to know something about nail? crazy. okay, it depends how you collect, just buying in a store what you get or sitting additionally behind discogs and google. or just buy around good records ;)

we just can hope that the profit of this release gets in a honorable amount to the artist.

This release has only older tracks? when nail is so good, why FOF need old tracks? (related to the exposure thing above)

Anyone who want to know more about nail, start inform yourself, discogs helps you.
souat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by souat »

the releases stated as "LIMITED Pressing" "only 300" "Limited edition of 12 copies" and so on.. must stay unrepressed for ever. simple as that. all these pages are non sens.
Last edited by souat on Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
R40UL
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by R40UL »

souat wrote:the releases stated as "LIMITED Pressing" "only 300" "Limited edition of 12 copies" and so on.. must stay unrepressed for ever.
YES AS IT IS STATED IN THE HOLY COMMANDMENTS OF VINYLISM.
"THOU SHALT NEVER REPRESS A LIMITED PRESSING!!!!"

not.