fear_of_flying wrote:Lovers / haters.... released:

Juno
Placed my order.
SanderMartin
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: [FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

Post by SanderMartin »

Excellent tributes on the labels of both the Nail and Schatrax releases btw!
koerperklaus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by koerperklaus »

fear_of_flying wrote:
koerperklaus wrote:
ray parry wrote:
koerperklaus wrote:
jespermygind wrote:great to see news from one of the most forward-thinking labels.....
yes!

boring and totally respectless to the real vinyl-collectors and lovers who had to fight or spend a lot of money for this true and rare gem!

fear of flying should better release new interesting stuff than to try to do fast money by rereleasing sum sought after discogs stuff- really poor and thumb down
perhaps you should check out their discogs. over 50+ releases since 2006 of which only 4 have been licensed. they are always releasing new music from new artists, so your comments are ridiculous.
but the point is: they are not releasing quality stuff!

its just catalogue 00boring, 00boring, 00boring, THEN 00GOLDEN-

mojuba for example is different. thomas is too rereleasing a lot- but quality! that is a big difference.

but anyway: in the end its all a matter of taste, like many dont like the "romanians" but many do it still.

good night, im outta here before someones gonna try to kill me because of all my ridiculouseness :* ciao tutti!
So it's alright for Mojuba to rerelease because they're rereleasing quality stuff, but it's not alright for us to rerelease the Nail EP, despite the fact you seem to think it's great (too great to repress apparently?)

hmm.
no, sorry: maybe i didnt write it out clearly- all the normal mojuba releases are quality too, so thats ok overall performance. your rereleases are the only ones that are quality on your label. sorry
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

why everytime the quoting of 10 posts only to reply to a single person, really learn how to use the internet.

@klaus: and what label would be real quality in the last 4 years?

the only good thing is also a bit harsh, mojuba also has good tracks but if you arent into nick sole and weissmann stuff, there is not much else.

i play quite a few records of FOF that arent relicenced.
i used to play cally - nashu ep two years ago or so
also the Shenoda and Matthew Burton ep are really good in my opinion
the latest Tetelepta album is also not bad, most of it is not your classic dancefloor stuff, but the tracks are well produced in my opinion.
180gram
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 180gram »

koerperklaus wrote:
breton wrote:
blizt wrote:Represses are a win-win situation. Get over it. Artists gets exposure, label gets money, consumer gets the record. Of course jealous and selfish snobs, wont have that precious feeling:"god I feel so proud of myself, I have this old vinyl that sells on discogs for 200 €. And if see someone asking for an ID on a forum I wont tell them what it is :-flower " :)
Exactly. Now i can understand the frustration if somebody decided to repress a record that was originally marketed as 'ultra limited edition', 'never to be repressed', 'the sleeve is woven from the pubic hair of the producer' etc. That would've been a fraud.
But the records in question have never been marketed as such. And they're only rare because they were released a lifetime ago and nobody bothered to repress them ever since.

ps. Owning them doesn't make you special.
your opinion is truly amazing, the sharpness of your words is only crossed by your cleverness and deep knowledge of life and music of course- you seem to be a samurai of good taste -wow: YOU ARE AWESOME! haha

and i am happy that i at least think i could recognize that -smurf thank you dear!

Dude you are f###ing pathetic. As a new user who has just been going through this thread now, you come off as the biggest, most miserable cnt in the world.
fear_of_flying
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fear_of_flying »

koerperklaus wrote:
no, sorry: maybe i didnt write it out clearly- all the normal mojuba releases are quality too, so thats ok overall performance. your rereleases are the only ones that are quality on your label. sorry
That still makes fck all sense. Why are they ok to do rereleases still? A label has to have 'ok overall performance' in order to earn the right to put out a 18 year old record?

Me thinks it's just a case of Mojuba putting out rereleases that you don't own already!

Besides which... your views on our label, horses for courses innit'. Just as well for us we sell out of absolutely everything we put out, with even (EVEN - can you believe it!!!???) our non-licensed releases played by everyone we'd want them to played by from Fred P to Ricardo V.

Now excuse me please, I'm so upset i'm off to cry into my cornflakes.
Carlj
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Carlj »

Mojuba isn't that interesting.

I keep on playing the FOF's and Mojuba's always end up to catch dust.