[FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

- wax
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

Post by dirddey_iddler »

fear_of_flying wrote:
Besides which... your views on our label, horses for courses innit'. Just as well for us we sell out of absolutely everything we put out, with even (EVEN - can you believe it!!!???) our non-licensed releases played by everyone we'd want them to played by from Fred P to Ricardo V.
holy sh!t, thats the proof!! your label must be so good. some of your releases are okay, but mostly your releases are average und replacable. see the sets from ricardo, is there anything special since the last three years?!

Guys, you misunderstand a lot. we dont have any rights or anything else to originals. what we have, is the experience what we`ve got until we got the originals (before mnml.nl / discogs track id or youtube made those records well known). we have something like a passion (i know its a foreign or funny word for the most people today).

its very obvious that rare records played by zip, raresh, ricardo are gonna be repressed. (sansol, jovonn, nail, boo williams, Point G. etc.)

tracks on those releases are hits. underground music good bye.

why don`t you repressed the whole 2x12"? why dont you release old unreleased nail stuff?

exposure and what have you to justify a repress are pure excuses. accept that an original cant be replaced and will ever have a better rating as a "best of hit compilation".

hope your flakes tastes well.

have a nice day
fear_of_flying
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fear_of_flying »

dirddey_iddler wrote:
holy sh!t, thats the proof!! your label must be so good. some of your releases are okay, but mostly your releases are average und replacable. see the sets from ricardo, is there anything special since the last three years?!

Guys, you misunderstand a lot. we dont have any rights or anything else to originals. what we have, is the experience what we`ve got until we got the originals (before mnml.nl / discogs track id or youtube made those records well known). we have something like a passion (i know its a foreign or funny word for the most people today).

its very obvious that rare records played by zip, raresh, ricardo are gonna be repressed. (sansol, jovonn, nail, boo williams, Point G. etc.)

tracks on those releases are hits. underground music good bye.

why don`t you repressed the whole 2x12"? why dont you release old unreleased nail stuff?

exposure and what have you to justify a repress are pure excuses. accept that an original cant be replaced and will ever have a better rating as a "best of hit compilation".

hope your flakes tastes well.

have a nice day
Hey look, like I said - label wise, horses for courses. Some of our releases are more transient than others fo'sure but we are putting out music to be played in clubs so that's the nature of the game. Show me a dj whose sets consist solely of 'timeless' music please...

Our aim is to SHARE music, not keep it to ourselves. That's the whole ethos behind dj'ing right? You seem to be getting confused between 'excuse' and 'reason' as to why it was rereleased. I wasn't even aware that ZIP et al were playing the Nail releases to any great extent until I dug a little deeper after I got in touch with Nail. GREAT music, I want other people to hear it so why not.. And bro, who is to say i'm not going to release unreleased Nail stuff!

You seemed more concerned with having the 'original', well super. We both (BLM & myself) collect vinyl exclusively and have done since the 90s when we worked in a record store together (yes, BEFORE youtube & this forum - I even bought my first Schatax and Nail vinyls there) but we put passion for music before passion of having the physical object in our hands. There's an absolute gazzillion house and techno records that will never get repressed and that are super super great which a dj can still forge a unique sound with.

Probably best also not to hoist yourself up as the ambassador of passion on a music forum that to me seems full of people who are, indeed, passionate.

The moaners on this thread purely come across pissed because music they 'own' has been released once more and now, diddums, other people will now have a chance to own themselves. boo-hoo.

Message board arguments - about as effective as wrestling smoke. (only my sixth post and already i'm writing essays... )
koerperklaus
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by koerperklaus »

fear_of_flying wrote:
koerperklaus wrote:
no, sorry: maybe i didnt write it out clearly- all the normal mojuba releases are quality too, so thats ok overall performance. your rereleases are the only ones that are quality on your label. sorry
That still makes fck all sense. Why are they ok to do rereleases still? A label has to have 'ok overall performance' in order to earn the right to put out a 18 year old record?

Me thinks it's just a case of Mojuba putting out rereleases that you don't own already!

Besides which... your views on our label, horses for courses innit'. Just as well for us we sell out of absolutely everything we put out, with even (EVEN - can you believe it!!!???) our non-licensed releases played by everyone we'd want them to played by from Fred P to Ricardo V.

Now excuse me please, I'm so upset i'm off to cry into my cornflakes.
haha :) yes you are right: i hate mojuba as well- now its been said.. i am really relieved to let it go..

my post was too provocative, sorry for that. now that i read that you cry into your cornflakes that really breaks my heart!

you are funny even after treating you with all this nonsense, thats good.

@themis: in my opinion really good releases had been consequently comin out only on perlon, vanguard and STL and? thats it.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

fear_of_flying wrote:
Our aim is to SHARE music, not keep it to ourselves.
thats why you make a vinyl based label. that is honourable.

fear_of_flying wrote:

other people will now have a chance to own themselves. boo-hoo.
did i ever wrote that?? being a little bit patient you will find a good not over priced copy of the original release.

If the copy is four times higher as the a normal record, you have to weigh how important is it for you.

conclusion:

people can buy your release, pay 100€ for the orginial or be patient as i mentioned above. choose your deal?

hope i didnt disturbed your lunch sleepy sleepy
grace anxiety
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by grace anxiety »

You lads take this all waaayyy too seriously

Its just a fucking record
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

did i ever wrote that?? being a little bit patient you will find a good not over priced copy of the original release.
Its quite possible that people don't want all the tracks on the LP remember?

Anyway these discussions are pointless. whilst we are having them there are many people out there buying and enjoying the record. surely that's what it should be about? we have already tried explaining many times to dirddey_iddler, but you simply don't even understand the basic stuff we are saying. My label partner even wrote you a nice long mail explaining the pros vs cons of such releases, but you wont even acknowledge that. Surely something that comes out with more pros then cons is worth doing?

We understand that you spent many hours digging for this record, we get you. You felt all warm inside when you finally got your mits on this record (i know the feeling, I have had it many times) But so what? that doesn't mean you own the music or have the right to say what the artist does with it? You were just lucky enough to be born in a time where these records were cheaper/available then they are now. If you had been born 20 years ago and wanted it now, I'm sure you wouldn't be moaning about us putting it out again. To say that our copy is cheaper then the original is just daft. They are exactly the same minus a few tracks/artwork. The physical medium is still the same, as in the music. We are not trying to replace your copy as well. If we wanted to do that it would have been better to license the entire lp, but as you know we selected 3 tracks and then another 1 from a different EP.

Your attitude is very selfish and not one that I have ever come across before, so i am really confused by it. I'm not quite sure I understood you correctly, but did you really say you have more a passion because you own the original? You constantly go on and on about djs like zip etc... but we didn't even know they had been playing it (being from the uk Craig Richards is the main man ;) ) I think the first and only time I heard this LP was because of Andrew Weatherall in 98. That's the reason I bought it anyway.

Of course you are free to say what you want, but believe me your opinion is really in the minority here. I don't want to say you're wrong because its not possible in this case, but your type of attitude helps nobody out which goes against everything music is about. In a world that normally is a tight nit community i find it a real shame that we have these people out there that just want to keep everything for themselves because they believe they put in the hard work. It's the artist that put in the real work, not you.
Last edited by ::BLM:: on Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Roy Koch
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Roy Koch »

I for one am happy with this release, even while owning the original LP. It is nice to have an extra copy of the tracks and I was still missing 'Optimus'. Also appreciate the low record price, something different from the prices of Arpiar records and such that we have been getting used to. I couldn't really care if other people have this, I have 100's of other unknown cool records.
Why even bother engaging in this discussion...
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Roy Koch wrote:I for one am happy with this release, even while owning the original LP. It is nice to have an extra copy of the tracks and I was still missing 'Optimus'. Also appreciate the low record price, something different from the prices of Arpiar records and such that we have been getting used to. I couldn't really care if other people have this, I have 100's of other unknown cool records.
Why even bother engaging in this discussion...

its impossible not too.. my hands are drawn to the keyboard :lol: thats why all of us visit this forum daily!

but yeah thanks for the support. My feelings are the same. I now have a back up copy (lots infact as i have a load of stock here) so i dont have to worry about scratching the original or ripping the sleeve etc. we also included bigger sleeves and inner sleeves for this release which will now become the norm for our releases.