[FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

- wax
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

Post by breton »

GLAM wrote:Just because you got into the game late means you should have available what was never available for most people, anyway?
Just because it's been like this for you, does it mean that it should be like this for everyone forever?
Just because people in the 1700s were dying from smallpox, does it mean that people in the 2000s should be dying from it as well?
You do realize that as the years go by it's getting harder to find (& acquire) these records?
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

dirddey_iddler wrote:GLAM you got it again.

But its a waste of time. the most peeps here in this discussion (and other threads too) can't accept these facts.
its sentences like that who make you sound bitter.
also, there is nothing to accept for most people here, cause there is no problem for most people.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

ps.
GLAM wrote:This is what makes owning a record special, the time it has taken one to acquire the knowledge and finding the record.
That's where we're different though. I don't care about the 'record', the '12"' itself... I care about the music that's on the '12"'. To me the music is special, not the 12".
It just so happens that vinyl is my format of choice. I don't even have cdjs. So, let's say, if i was buying all my music in mp3/wav, if it was all immediately available to me from Beatport, it wouldn't have made it less special to me.

And personally, i will take a repress (if it was done properly) over the original any day. I have bought my fair share of old records and i'm yet to come across a mint copy that would sound mint (unless it was sealed). Most often than not a mint copy is actually nm at best, and nm is actually vg+ or worse.
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

Just one more thing. I have a question for GLAM and dirddey: would you see a problem in having these labels releasing their old stuff in wav/mp3? Will you cry your heart out if all the Elevate stuff appeared on beatport?

I want to understand you guys, really.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

No. Digital and Vinyl are different things!! A label who rerelease their own stuff Like Trelik, Aspect, Perlon etc. is okay. Digital Releases help to survive newer labels. Vinyl is a hard business nowadays.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

dirddey_iddler wrote:A label who rerelease their own stuff Like Trelik, Aspect, Perlon etc. is okay.
So what difference does it make on what label was the record re-released?
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

Yes, because the original Release was the Work of the Label before.

They took the Risk etc. The Credits belongs to them. Thats why I never wrote i have the rights on any tracks or something on a original pressed record.

Can you answer me one Question?

Do you hide your Wantlist and Collection at Discogs?
fear_of_flying
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by fear_of_flying »

dirddey_iddler wrote:Yes, because the original Release was the Work of the Label before.

They took the Risk etc. The Credits belongs to them. Thats why I never wrote i have the rights on any tracks or something on a original pressed record.

Can you answer me one Question?

Do you hide your Wantlist and Collection at Discogs?
Hello, me again... couldn't resist sorry.

You do of course realise that the label who first released the track LICENSED it from the artist first so your post doesn't hold water. The label is merely the 'carrier' of the music for a given period. I don't know the exact in and outs of every labels workings but by and large if and when a contract is drawn up the license period is for 5 years - which means at the end of which the rights revert back to the artist and he can do whatever he chooses with it.

Now, of course there are exceptions - some labels will chose to draw up longer contracts (we don't personally - 5 years is fine for our needs) and some may not even work on a contractual basis. For this release we got in touch with Nail direct, out of courtesy he got in touch with Richard from DIY and we spoke and whilst he didn't have any hold over Nail's rights to chose where his music went I wanted to make sure DIY were given the proper nod and respect they deserve by including their original label logo in our artwork. So there...

Also, *cough, cough*... decks.de release out now : Decks.de