[FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

- wax
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

Post by dirddey_iddler »

mr. blizt,

if you can read, understand and combine correctly, then you would see that the permission to rerelease a old record wasnt a point of this discussion.
GLAM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by GLAM »

dirddey_iddler wrote:mr. blizt,

if you can read, understand and combine correctly, then you would see that the permission to rerelease a old record wasnt a point of this discussion.
Exactly - that is just censorship. The artist allowed the repress, so now we should all just shup and accept facts. I'm quite sure dirddey_iddler is talking about a broader, more general issue than this repress alone.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

GLAM wrote:
Exactly - that is just censorship. The artist allowed the repress, so now we should all just shup and accept facts. I'm quite sure dirddey_iddler is talking about a broader, more general issue than this repress alone.
exactly. 100% correct
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by blizt »

koerperklaus wrote:
jespermygind wrote:great to see news from one of the most forward-thinking labels.....
yes!

boring and totally respectless to the real vinyl-collectors and lovers who had to fight or spend a lot of money for this true and rare gem!

fear of flying should better release new interesting stuff than to try to do fast money by rereleasing sum sought after discogs stuff- really poor and thumb down
koerperklaus wrote: many people have fought and searched for these kinda records- they spend a LOT of time and maybe lot of money too. with this shitty repress you just sh!t on all the energy and love the yput into this search and the happiness they felt when they finally got their copy in their own hands after maybe a year or two of effort and sweat!

if you have never experienced sth like this you surely cannot feel it in the end!
koerperklaus wrote: true- but there were times, when there was no discogs sell at all and you had to write 50 mails via 56kmodem to ask people if they would be up for trade or sell, looking through megatons of wantlists of others to do a trade. and of course, sometimes its still like this (without 56k modem now of course) when theres no copy for sell on discogs or anywhere else. the effort nowadays is of course much less you have to spend than in former times...
dirddey_iddler wrote: thats true.

but is it better to get this by own work and expierence or just while others did homeworks for you (as usual)?

in that case if you are happy with that, that a 320kpbs mp3 could be also enough for you.

So the conclusion is, the same question was asked why i buy records (in one of the repress threads), why do you guys buy records??

One answer i can give you: we like music and we like the club culture. nevertheless the claim is a little bit different.

ask a record collector what he thinks about when rare jazz or funk stuff will rereleased.
This is more or less what started the discussion. If still the artist WANTING TO HAVE A REPRESS AND WINING SOME MONEY is not enough I dont really know what more to say. Of course some people went a bit off topic trying to generealise the whole debate to prove their points, BUT we where discussing about the guys from FOF repressing "your precious" Nail record.

And in any case I wasnt suggesting for and admin to close the thread, just that the whole debate didnt make any sense after BLM making clear some facts. But yeah, language barriers... I'm done with this thread :lol:
180gram
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 180gram »

Some serious language barriers here
Philsen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Philsen »

:shock:

:lol:

(*)
-everything you think, do and say
is in the pill you took today-
:zager and evans:

-life is of the nature of water:
it always seeks the deepest place,
which is always below in the darkness
and heaviness of the earth.-
:c.g. jung:
GLAM
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by GLAM »

I don't know which topic to put this in, so I am going to put it here:

I don't give a fck about any of my records getting repressed. Not my Nail records, not my Trelik records, not none of them. It's not about any individual record being repressed - even though that is your usual, baseless argument, that we somehow "feel special" because we own some particular record. I know I don't, and I'm pretty sure the other people arguing in this thread against represses in general feel the same way.

The problem here is this catering for the lowest denominator by repressing the sh!t out of everything, even records that are not hard to come by anyway. Everywhere on Discogs people complain about high prices and want everything repressed, it's ridiculous. Elevate, Trelik, Driftwood, Inner Sunset - these are labels that have been rare since forever, they have been costly since I started collecting (house and techno, only 6 years ago) and I have spent hours looking for them in stores everywhere, and most likely I just happened to find them via some online seller or Discogs after searching for years. This is what makes owning a record special, the time it has taken one to acquire the knowledge and finding the record. This doesn't make me special, however, or anyone else owning the record, as I already noted. However, it does make the record special to me. But this idea that everything should be available on the connoisseur media of choice, vinyl, for cheap, just doesn't make sense.

Just because you got into the game late means you should have available what was never available for most people, anyway? You think record stores in Europe had boxes of Elevate lying around in the late 90s?

To me, at least, it really feels like there is this gap between supposed old-timers and newcomers about what vinyl collecting is, and that at least rubs me the wrong way. When I started, I honestly never heard about anyone wanting things repressed. People just accepted the fact that hey, some records just take a year or longer to find a copy of, and some records are just really expensive. That's the way it is, and also what makes vinyl alluring.
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by dirddey_iddler »

GLAM you got it again.

But its a waste of time. the most peeps here in this discussion (and other threads too) can't accept these facts.