[FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

- wax
Locked
dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 859
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: [FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

Post by dirddey_iddler » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:16 pm

::BLM:: wrote:
did i ever wrote that?? being a little bit patient you will find a good not over priced copy of the original release.
Its quite possible that people don't want all the tracks on the LP remember?

Anyway these discussions are pointless. whilst we are having them there are many people out there buying and enjoying the record. surely that's what it should be about? we have already tried explaining many times to dirddey_iddler, but you simply don't even understand the basic stuff we are saying. My label partner even wrote you a nice long mail explaining the pros vs cons of such releases, but you wont even acknowledge that. Surely something that comes out with more pros then cons is worth doing?

We understand that you spent many hours digging for this record, we get you. You felt all warm inside when you finally got your mits on this record (i know the feeling, I have had it many times) But so what? that doesn't mean you own the music or have the right to say what the artist does with it? You were just lucky enough to be born in a time where these records were cheaper/available then they are now. If you had been born 20 years ago and wanted it now, I'm sure you wouldn't be moaning about us putting it out again. To say that our copy is cheaper then the original is just daft. They are exactly the same minus a few tracks/artwork. The physical medium is still the same, as in the music. We are not trying to replace your copy as well. If we wanted to do that it would have been better to license the entire lp, but as you know we selected 3 tracks and then another 1 from a different EP.

Your attitude is very selfish and not one that I have ever come across before, so i am really confused by it. I'm not quite sure I understood you correctly, but did you really say you have more a passion because you own the original? You constantly go on and on about djs like zip etc... but we didn't even know they had been playing it (being from the uk Craig Richards is the main man ;) ) I think the first and only time I heard this LP was because of Andrew Weatherall in 98. That's the reason I bought it anyway.

Of course you are free to say what you want, but believe me your opinion is really in the minority here. I don't want to say you're wrong because its not possible in this case, but your type of attitude helps nobody out which goes against everything music is about. In a world that normally is a tight nit community i find it a real shame that we have these people out there that just want to keep everything for themselves because they believe they put in the hard work. It's the artist that put in the real work, not you.
first of all, its a discussion!!! not a serious thing.

i hold my opinion and i won`t change it cause of long justifications (with wrong interpretations).

all of you must accept, there will be others with different meanings. its totally backboneless to cry and whine that the bad dirddey_iddler always criticise (how can he do that?!). you can believe me (or not), i`m not the only one with my thoughts (famous djs, too).

selfish is, when i wrote dont buy this release! i didnt, i adviced everyone to buy this release (if its justifiable for them). i wrote often that your work for a vinyl based label is commendable (you might oversee it).

selfish is, when i wrote old records are just for their holders! please show me this! i wrote, that to get a good record you have to do something. there are so many informations to such kind of records. why we find it and not the others?!
Last edited by dirddey_iddler on Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Themis
mnml mdrtr
mnml mdrtr
Posts: 2690
Joined: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:27 pm
Location: Vienna

Re: [FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

Post by Themis » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:22 pm

ok guys i think all is said, it circles now, also there is a language barrier.

Field
mnml newbie
mnml newbie
Posts: 72
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:39 pm

Re: [FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

Post by Field » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:42 pm

first of all, thanks for taking your (FOF and BLM) time to speak your mind on this release.
It's insightful and helps me and others understand your motives behind the repress.

all the discussion aside, this
::BLM:: wrote:we also included bigger sleeves and inner sleeves for this release which will now become the norm for our releases.
is great news! no matter your opinion on the repress. I really don't understand labels who put out records without a proper inner and outer sleeve.
I know it's a cost thing, but if your customer is already willing to spend 7-9 euros on your release, he will certainly spend some more on it to have it complete with proper sleeves. Never bought one record more, or less because it was one or two euros cheaper/ expensive. So good choice on including the proper sleeves

I read on fb that this ltd11 release will get a digital release also, could you please explain why you choose to release this repress on this medium also?
And also will you be releasing more Nail backcatalogue?

And since you are at it why don't you write you to the Timewriter's agency also? Surely with all the pro's and con's you just mentioned, nobody could be against a driftwood repress, right? ;)

::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 2630
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:09 pm
Location: London

Re: [FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

Post by ::BLM:: » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:49 pm

dirddey_iddler wrote:
::BLM:: wrote:
did i ever wrote that?? being a little bit patient you will find a good not over priced copy of the original release.
Its quite possible that people don't want all the tracks on the LP remember?

Anyway these discussions are pointless. whilst we are having them there are many people out there buying and enjoying the record. surely that's what it should be about? we have already tried explaining many times to dirddey_iddler, but you simply don't even understand the basic stuff we are saying. My label partner even wrote you a nice long mail explaining the pros vs cons of such releases, but you wont even acknowledge that. Surely something that comes out with more pros then cons is worth doing?

We understand that you spent many hours digging for this record, we get you. You felt all warm inside when you finally got your mits on this record (i know the feeling, I have had it many times) But so what? that doesn't mean you own the music or have the right to say what the artist does with it? You were just lucky enough to be born in a time where these records were cheaper/available then they are now. If you had been born 20 years ago and wanted it now, I'm sure you wouldn't be moaning about us putting it out again. To say that our copy is cheaper then the original is just daft. They are exactly the same minus a few tracks/artwork. The physical medium is still the same, as in the music. We are not trying to replace your copy as well. If we wanted to do that it would have been better to license the entire lp, but as you know we selected 3 tracks and then another 1 from a different EP.

Your attitude is very selfish and not one that I have ever come across before, so i am really confused by it. I'm not quite sure I understood you correctly, but did you really say you have more a passion because you own the original? You constantly go on and on about djs like zip etc... but we didn't even know they had been playing it (being from the uk Craig Richards is the main man ;) ) I think the first and only time I heard this LP was because of Andrew Weatherall in 98. That's the reason I bought it anyway.

Of course you are free to say what you want, but believe me your opinion is really in the minority here. I don't want to say you're wrong because its not possible in this case, but your type of attitude helps nobody out which goes against everything music is about. In a world that normally is a tight nit community i find it a real shame that we have these people out there that just want to keep everything for themselves because they believe they put in the hard work. It's the artist that put in the real work, not you.
first of all, its a discussion!!! not a serious thing.

i hold my opinion and i won`t change it cause of long justifications (with wrong interpretations).

all of you must accept, there will be others with different meanings. its totally backboneless to cry and whine that the bad dirddey_iddler always criticise (how can he do that?!). you can believe me (or not), i`m not the only one with my thoughts (famous djs, too).

selfish is, when i wrote dont buy this release! i didnt, i adviced everyone to buy this release (if its justifiable for them). i wrote often that your work for a vinyl based label is commendable (you might oversee it).

selfish is, when i wrote old records are just for their holders! please show me this! i wrote, that to get a good record you have to do something. there are so many informations to such kind of records. why we find it and not the others?!

I think there is simply a language barrier that's stopping us from properly communicating. the way you write often comes across as being negative so perhaps we have been interpreting you incorrectly?

We are not crying or whining its just too easy to get sucked into this sort of discussions over the internet when you have a passion for something. All we came here to do was point out the facts, which we have done.
I read on fb that this ltd11 release will get a digital release also, could you please explain why you choose to release this repress on this medium also?
And also will you be releasing more Nail backcatalogue?
Pretty much all the FOF releases have been vinyl and digital. In this case we decided to release it on the LTD label, which releases are also on digital so it just felt like the right thing to do :D . There have been loads of requests for this to be on both formats, so i'm glad we decided to go down that route.

More Nail stuff maybe... ;)

Driftwood I heard are reissuing all their own stuff soon!

dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 859
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: [FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

Post by dirddey_iddler » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:49 pm

::BLM:: wrote:

I think there is simply a language barrier that's stopping us from properly communicating. the way you write often comes across as being negative so perhaps we have been interpreting you incorrectly?

We are not crying or whining its just too easy to get sucked into this sort of discussions over the internet when you have a passion for something. All we came here to do was point out the facts, which we have done.
its just directly what i think and whats my meaning about A repress (not only yours, see mojuba thread). by the way, i didnt started these long terms.

i wrote in the first post: so sad, it means all that what tried to explain to you.

without labels like you, we will loose more and more the vinyl culture (wrote it before).

i`m fully with you that music is for sharing. a party alone can never exist.

thanks google, thanks old mix tapes, thanks recordstores, thanks discogs etc.

i noticed you are sometimes active in the track id section, maybe you saw that i`m willing to share but i expect a small level. for quality music thats way.

User avatar
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 914
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: [FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

Post by blizt » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:36 pm

This thread should have ended when the guys from FOF explained they had the agreement from the artist to do a repress. You can't really argue with that.

dirddey_iddler
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 859
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 5:27 pm

Re: [FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

Post by dirddey_iddler » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:24 am

blizt wrote:This thread should have ended when the guys from FOF explained they had the agreement from the artist to do a repress. You can't really argue with that.
did you understand the main topic of this discussion?

User avatar
blizt
mnml maxi
mnml maxi
Posts: 914
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 10:08 pm

Re: [FOFLTD11] Nail - Ode Rammel

Post by blizt » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:42 am

dirddey_iddler wrote:
blizt wrote:This thread should have ended when the guys from FOF explained they had the agreement from the artist to do a repress. You can't really argue with that.
did you understand the main topic of this discussion?
Of course I do and I've been defending BLM position before they even started to justify themselves (they really didnt needed in my opinion). I repeated that because it's funny that people attacking the label ignore the fact that the artist is very happy with the repress happening.

Locked