Tracklist:
A1: Anaesthesulf [7:12]
A2: We Are Tubes Inner Tubes (feat. Lisokot) [6:32]
B1: Gavotte II [7:57]
B2: Gavotte II (Bruno Pronsato Remix) [7:32]
5: Take Your Skeleton In The Closet (Digital Bonus) [7:02]

Credits:
Mastered By – Pheek
New black gold is on the way! 31337 Records‘ first vinyl for this year: Where Are My Shoes EP, by Japan‘s minimal techno queen Akiko Kiyama, including a fantastic remix by Mr. Bruno Pronsato. An outstanding release full of abstract minimal techno goodies ready to hit the clubs. Punchy bass lines on top of rhythmic percussions, exposing a twisted dark tale on the hunt for lost shoes. Her new EP starts off with Anaesthesulf, a well arranged DJ tool, repetitive but complex. Well-structured patterns surrounded by lots of hats, percussions and playful melodies. Followed by the second track called We Are Tubes Inner Tubes, a real dancefloor killer for the early morning hours. Trippy percussions, seemingly foreign vocals by Lisokot and twisted sample cuts topped with well selected effects give this tune the perfect shape.
The B side continues with Gavotte II, a dark and pounding track with lots of variation and freaky soundsemerging seamlessly from the background. Mysterious melodies, a bouncy snare and occasional vocal cuts perfectly aligned in front of a pumping bassline. The last track is a remix of Gavotte II by Bruno Pronsato who introduces a lot of melodic bits and samples, turning the track into a new interesting direction. Creatively built sound structures, cleverly arranged with a variety of new elements and headed by a funky beat. On the digital release, we‘ve included a bonus track named Take Your Skeleton In The Closet. Another well-built production with an mysteriously obscure melody emerging between a rolling beat, full of interesting elements. The whole release is an impressive piece of art, that shouldn‘t be missing in any DJ bag! From Berlin to Tokyo - see you barefoot on the dancefloor!

PREVIEW

roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [LEET004] Akiko Kiyama ‎– Where Are My Shoes? EP

Post by roland »

decent stuff, i bought it..
mynameisduke
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by mynameisduke »

roland wrote:decent stuff, i bought it..
probably i will do the same ;)
TimTor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TimTor »

For me this is the best 31337 release to date. My personal favourite is Gravotte II (original), although Bruno's remix is also solid.
BlueCode Records - BCR011 - Dubious Methods - Out now (free release)!
4am
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by 4am »

good stuff