amazing :)
deep.thru.soundsystem
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [UNDERSTAND002] Praslesh – Out of time EP

Post by patrick bateman »

blizt wrote:
Themis wrote:double the price is way more then covering costs, also no one forces them to make 300, they also could make 500 and it would sell easy. especially for half the price..

little example:

pedros Pi-ensemble stuff , the first vinyl was for 8,39 € on decks, the second for 13,79, same artwork same vinyl quality.
now this release costs 18 euro.
True.

I think their strategy is increasing the prices to differntiate their stuff from the rest. Like the said when you buy a Ferrari you expect to pay big money. Well the case is that not everything they release sound like a Ferrari to me.

And yeah, they probably would press more stuff and sell them anyway, but maybe part of the strategy is these limited runs to create even more hype around the music. You miss it and you are screwed.
is 300 really THAT limited in today's music bizz?
:)
A-Dreamer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by A-Dreamer »

don't forget, there are always re-presses in ten years time
mindful matters
soundcloud.com/son-der
resolved
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by resolved »

imposed a two record limit on juno? that's stupid - should be one per customer surely
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

resolved wrote:imposed a two record limit on juno? that's stupid - should be one per customer surely
http://www.juno.co.uk/ppps/products/443706-01.htm

it is one per customer.
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

Themis wrote:its not the shops dont be stupid, all shops allover the world raised the prices just for arpiar releases .. comeon..
they simply think they are so hyped, so why not make some cash.
You're wrong.
Sometimes you can see how juno shamelessly raises the prices on popular & limited records in one single day.
For example "Mike HUCKABY - Baseline 87", the original price was £7.49, but then they decided to change the price to £8.32. Why not? People will still buy it.
Or "Alexander ROBOTNIK vs JAN - Problemes D'Amour". First they were selling it for £20+, but then after a couple of weeks, when the hype died down, they changed the price to £10.82.
Or "TREVOR DEEP JR - DoRight! EP" when the repress came out today it had a price tag of £10 or something, and now if you look it up on juno (it's sold out and) the price is £13.32.
Why not? People will still buy it...

They don't live on Mars, they know about discogs too... And if the record goes for 40-60 euros there, why can't they sell it for 15 euros? People will still buy it.

If you want to talk about overpriced records, let's talk about most of the deep house & techno sh!t that's pressed on paper thin vinyl and sold without a cover. At least all the latest romanian releases are high-quality.

I like this record. And it's all that matters. So i am still going to buy it, even if the price is higher than for the previous release on Understand (which i also have).
breton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by breton »

A-Dreamer wrote:You get 10 grams of vinyl per euro. Bargain. :green:
I've seen a description somewhere that the duo were shy to release this; well, given the frequent plays of these tracks in their sets, I feel like this release has been around for at least a year. Catchy B-side, though. It kinda sounds like Anonym - Hart Plaza (Minimal Man Remix)
Heh, yeah, totally forgot about this track. It sounds exactly like it.
First Raresh steals Brinkmann's track and now he & Praslea release a remake of that MM remix.
No wonder they were "shy to release this".
:)
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

c'mon guys this is not even close to "exactly the same".. i own the mm track and imo it's quite different to this here.. additionally the juno samples of the first track are way better and this is imo good work too.. for a first release this sounds kinda promising to me..

breton, if it's really juno that increases the price, why has every single other shop in totally different countries the same price? makes no sense.. by the way i posted the ferrari music quote, he basically explained there the reasons so..