- wax
landesvatter
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

landesvatter_lax (normoton 017/MDM) out soon

Post by landesvatter »

http://www.music.for-robots.com/:

landesvatter - gro.

Minimal techno. What does it mean, really? Its techno, with a 4/4 beat, but it is... uh... more quiet than normal techno? It makes use of sparse instrumentation? Um... well, to be completely honest, despite the fact that I listen to quite a lot of minimal techno, I'm not really sure where to draw the line. I feel like minimal techno is one of those things where I just know "it" when I hear it. So I'll say that Berlin-based Landesvatter makes minimal techno because it sounds like it to me: soft synth pads, multiple layers of clicking tracks, but it has a hefty bottom-end and persistent kick to it. I will also say that I like it. A lot.

This song comes from Landesvatter's second full-length album, Lax. The tracks on Lax are all heavily layered, and feel like they're miles deep. Landesvatter has been into techno since the early 90s, and has been living in Berlin since 1995, where he's been DJing, and more recently, producing music. Both his new album, and his previous album, 2003's Lava, are released by the Normoton label, which has also released records by Strassmann, Phon.o, and Electroserge.

Lax will be out next month - March 7th to be specific- and you can purchase it from our pals at Forced Exposure, or you can download the album from the Kompakt MP3 website (as Normoton is one of the many labels distributed by Kompakt).

Also, for those of you in Germany, you can catch a live Landesvatter set at his record-release party next Thursday, February 23rd at NBI in Berlin (Schönhauser Allee 36), which will also feature a DJ set by Klaus Burkard and (if I'm translating the flyer correctly) a 4-turntable set using continuous-groove records by Phon.o and Exsample, which sounds pretty rad to me.[/img]

landesvatter.de
info@landesvatter.de
landesvatter
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by landesvatter »

you can now prelisten all "lax" tracks at juno.co.uk and KOMPAKT-MP3