[Arpiar008] DJ Sneak - Delta Trippin

- wax
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [Arpiar008] DJ Sneak - Delta Trippin

Post by b-ran »

haha just saw this...now i feel stupid buying two copies of the record ...although i paid less than 10 euros for each hehe..and theres none left on discogs so maybe someone who doesn't check beatport will still buy mine haha
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

the worth of the vinyl has nothing to do with the availability of a digital download

there are many examples for this for ex.
http://www.discogs.com/Soul-Capsule-Ove ... ease/54334
b-ran
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by b-ran »

Themis wrote:the worth of the vinyl has nothing to do with the availability of a digital download

i guess you're right
jespermygind
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by jespermygind »

Themis wrote:the worth of the vinyl has nothing to do with the availability of a digital download

It surely has something to do with digital availability. I know several people who settles with the digital release, because the vinyl is too expensive - considering its available for less than 5 euro digitally.
roland
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by roland »

jespermygind wrote:

It surely has something to do with digital availability. I know several people who settles with the digital release, because the vinyl is too expensive - considering its available for less than 5 euro digitally.
yeah nothing is not true.. of course digital availability lowers the price of the vinyl..

still it seems that for the people who are willing to pay relatively high prices for records, an mp3 doesn't substitute the vinyl
JackNine
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by JackNine »

jespermygind wrote:

Honestly, with most of these new releases that I like, but don't love, it's worth waiting for the digital release in some high quality format. This happened to me about 50 times over the past few years.

I saved myself $40+ here, and the artist/label still got their cut (which I love). I like the Ricardo remix enough to own it digitally for $2, but not enough to pay $50 for it because the vinyl is limited and special.

I guess since I'm older now, I just don't understand limited "vinyl-only" releases. Especially in 2011. From whatever angle you analyze it, it's a bad idea.

I'm still a very firm believer that if Perlon digitized their entire catalog, they could probably pay their entire staff's salary for a year with the extra sales they'd get right out of the gate. Think of how many people would go in and cherry pick those properly digitized masters from Beatport. All extra income for the label with very little work.

In this day and age, if you aren't monetizing your company digitally (online), then you really don't know what the hell you're doing.
Themis
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Themis »

with all due respect, what you dont understand is, that perlon is not some kind of company were families with their children life off.
its not like Zip goes everyday to the Perlon Office and if he doesnt sell some records today he cant provide for himself.
Zip makes 1000-5000 Euro with one hour work, depends on where he plays.
and he could probably play every day of the week somewhere if he wants.

we dont want to start talking about Ricardo.

with every perlon night at berghain or somewhere else, the label makes more money than beatport could ever give them.
i dont think its that profit oriented, its just to get records out there, not to make a boatload of money, cause they already have that.

short answer: perlon could never make more money off beatport than Zip or Ricardo makes in a week of work.

its just not worth the hassle.
CandyPollard
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by CandyPollard »

Themis wrote:with all due respect, what you dont understand is, that perlon is not some kind of company were families with their children life off.
its not like Zip goes everyday to the Perlon Office and if he doesnt sell some records today he cant provide for himself.
Zip makes 1000-5000 Euro with one hour work, depends on where he plays.
and he could probably play every day of the week somewhere if he wants.

we dont want to start talking about Ricardo.

with every perlon night at berghain or somewhere else, the label makes more money than beatport could ever give them.
i dont think its that profit oriented, its just to get records out there, not to make a boatload of money, cause they already have that.

short answer: perlon could never make more money off beatport than Zip or Ricardo makes in a week of work.

its just not worth the hassle.
WORD!