A1. "Refusal"
A2. "Tell Me Nothing"
B1. "Refusal" (Dan Curtin remix)
X1. "Don't You"
X2. "It's Changing"

Pre-listening:
http://soundcloud.com/amam-2/sets/amam0 ... nothing-ep

Played and supported:

Ellen Allien, Anthony Collins, Julien Chaptal, Todd Bodine, Martin Eyerer, Paco Osuna, Danny Tenaglia, Tim Green, SIS, Jacuzzi Boys, Toni Rios, Alejandro Vivanco, Stephan Bodzin.

Amam Records is pleased to announce its seventh release, a joint effort between Avatism of London and The Selph of Milan - including a remix by veteran producer Dan Curtin - for a well-rounded tech-house vinyl EP, plus two bonus tracks on the digital version.

The Selph has been on the scene releasing material since 2007 for labels like Resopal and Grey Area, the latter of which issued the Nine Days EP in collaboration with Amam chief Alessio Mereu, so of course it should be no surprise that Mereu has now recruited him for more majestic material here. Meanwhile, Avatism recently made a splash with his EP on RetroMetro, which scored 8/10 from iDJ magazine and included a remix from none other than The Selph! Now the two house addicts join forces again for a full collaborative EP.

"Refusal" kicks things off with a dark yet brisk groove and cloudy traces of dub, tied together by a mysterious androgynous voice, and on the flip side the track gets mutated into a phased-out, rubbery rainforest anthem by American Berliner Dan Curtin (Mobilee, Strictly Rhythm). "Tell Me Nothing", with its menacing horns and martini-induced glow, sounds like a nod to the EP's catalog number, 007. And it's a damn shame one piece of vinyl can only hold so much music, because the digital-only tracks "Don't You" and "It's Changing" are further case studies of our international duo's dexterity for modern dancefloor sheen...!

Released by: AMAM
Release/catalogue number: AMAM007
Release date: Nov 22, 2010
Gummo
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Gummo »

:D