new bearback album coming up soon !! check it out

- wax
andy_matter
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Re: bearback format

Post by andy_matter »

jay haze wrote:almost every record label we have talked to about this project has commended us on this idea of releasing 2 different albums on different formats , but being the same album .
I can understand record labels like the idea. As a fan it seems like you are trying to get me to buy twice as much product.
jay haze wrote: AND HELL YEAH LIL DIRRTY IS FOR REAL :shock: :shock: :shock:
Maybe you should put some information about him on the website. He is a real standout on the album. Does he write his lyrics - some of his lines are brilliant?
Daniel Logikal
mnml moderator
mnml moderator

Post by Daniel Logikal »

i am just extremely bored with the normal way of doing things in the moment.
I love the way your doing things with Textone...dope.
jay haze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: bearback format

Post by jay haze »

(quote) I can understand record labels like the idea. As a fan it seems like you are trying to get me to buy twice as much product.

well , maybe it can be seen that way ... but that is not the intention at all . for me the fans might really like the hip hop album and not the dance album , so it was more based on the decision that everyone has different tastes - and it would be great to fulfill different tastes --- as i myself have a very broad musical taste , from bluegrass across the board ! :D

and in the end it is not about selling more and more , it is about providing all yall freaks sompin you can dig.

about lil dirrty this guy will have his own site soon , we promise. i am glad you like his lyrics --- most of the time it is hard for people who dig this genre (minimal music) to get soo into vocals. but for me lil dirts style is pure ghetto bomb :shock: [/quote]
andy_matter
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by andy_matter »

^^
I have fairly broad taste too. I grew up on old school electro and early rap like PE so maybe I'm predisposed to liking Bearback.

I'm just disappointed you didn't do a double CD as I think that could really increase the audience for Bearback, especially if you included some older tracks like Deep Space..., Intergalactic Panic and Social Tits with the new dance album tracks.

I see Bearback as transcending the minimal/dance scenes as it draws on so many influences and the vocals and sense of humour give it wider appeal than the usual minimal tracks. Maybe you don't want Bearback to be huge though? I guess that is your choice.

Are there any plans to play live and tour? I would love to see Bearback playing in Australia at one of the festivals next summer.

Anyhow - I will continue to spread the Bearback gospel.
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

funky sh!t
jay haze
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

release dtae of vinyl

Post by jay haze »

hey hey there

the vinyl version will prolly be out in a few months. maybe 2.5 - 3 months.
i am hoping we dont need to push it back , but we are waiting for the right time. doing lots of promotion for this one.

much love
Pompelmoessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Pompelmoessap »

Highly :)