[narita 07] anders ilar - sand

- wax
ndrs
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

[narita 07] anders ilar - sand

Post by ndrs »

After releases on Echochord, Shitkatapult, Audio.nl, Plong! and DSP comes the second Ilar ep on the Merck-affiliated Narita label in Maimi.

Anders Ilar - Sand - Narita 07

Clips:
A1: Part 4
A2: Part 3
B1: Sand (Arctic Hospital remix)
B2: Part 2

...and as an extra bonus!
Sand Part 1
Free mp3 download of the first part constructed from the same theme.

Concept:
In 2004 I recieved a gift from a man in my neighborhood. It was a tape with traditional Afghani music. A recording of live music played with a minimal set of instruments. The music seemed to tell a story from a distant time, and places very different from my usual surroundings. Music with a mysticism I never heard before. After some time the decision was made to sample parts of this wonderous music and use for basis in a new project. Bringing together the magic of modern music technology and nature. To represent the here and now I choose to mainly work with sounds from three of my favorite analog machines; roland tr-808, korg mono/poly and roland tb-303. Eventually all sounds were processed and re-arranged digitally, patterns was programmed and integrated. The music grew into four parts, wich of three were chosen for vinyl release.
To complement the EP, Arctic Hospital was given the same afghani samples to come up with his very unique interpretation.

Record is out now from Boomkat.

Enjoy!
Last edited by ndrs on Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the ultimate minimal is silence_
nowayback
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by nowayback »

a haa... and i was wondering, what is that super acid track in your PA @ Krill, Tallin
(around 42 mins)... "Part 4" rulez. "Part 3" is also telling me something good with that
dark scent over it. B side also nice with an upbeat (AH Rmx) & a moody (Part 2) tracks.

However i only sensed the 'Afghani spirit' on the bonus track, but maybe that's just because
the 1 min. snippets are too little for a complete impression. The bonus track strongly reminds
me the works of one of my fave producers, Muslimgauze, whose music was mainly inspired by
the Palestinian struggle, marrying electronica with middle-eastern mysticism...
i can remember when the air was clean and sex was dirty.
http://prop4g4nd4.com
tzusing
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by tzusing »

thats awesome! more people should let us the consumer know abut the concept for their work.
ndrs
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by ndrs »

nowayback wrote:a haa... and i was wondering, what is that super acid track in your PA @ Krill, Tallin
(around 42 mins)... "Part 4" rulez.
Thanks! glad you like it.
the vinyl version is much more stripped down and minimal than live, tho.
nowayback wrote: However i only sensed the 'Afghani spirit' on the bonus track
true. the afghani influence is mostly present in part 1.
nowayback wrote: reminds me the works of one of my fave producers, Muslimgauze, whose music was mainly inspired by
the Palestinian struggle, marrying electronica with middle-eastern mysticism...
ahaa, cool! i only know the muslimgauze release on audio.nl, but this sounds interesting. i'll check it out.
tzusing wrote:more people should let us the consumer know abut the concept for their work.
I agree. though, I guess sometimes the concept is just to make nice music. ;)
the ultimate minimal is silence_
zentex
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by zentex »

very nice, as is all your work. congrats.
alland
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alland »

great ep.
downloading the bonus mp3 now :)

thanks !
a.