- wax
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

[M 82] Gaiser - Flashed

Post by masterpiece »

[M 82] Gaiser - Flashed

The following second ep.... 8)

Jon Gaiser has been a core member of the Minus Contakt tour that’s been redefining the possibilities of electronic live performance since it’s inception 18 months ago. By all accounts it’s been an intense experience that demands a steady hand, a cool head and a totally flexible approach. Deconstructing his work shows just how suited he is to the format, revealing musical ideas in a constant state of flux with perfectly separated highs, mids and lows that give his sound it’s unmistakable dynamism.

Hot on the heels of the recent Pullpush release, Gaiser’s Flashed EP features four instantly accessible techno cuts. With a set of low melodic toms hanging back as the whip crack snare shepherds in another sublime Gaiser motif, Backyard asks a different set of questions to the rest of this collection, revolving around a reverse melody that gives the sensation of simultaneous forward and reverse motion. The delirium is arrested as the beats kick back in while the ultra-fat bassline continues to simmer in the background retreating momentarily as fragmented strings slowly unhinge. The original elements then return, out of position to offer new angles of attack before the track begins slicing itself apart until it collapses from its self-inflicted wounds. Over on the B-side, the ruthlessly efficient title track Flashed wastes no time at all reaching maximum velocity, as the stripped back beats and nimble, dipping bassline accompany the cascading main theme into darker territory. Lined with chunky reverberations and sonic hallucinogens that slow the senses, the scratchy, molten riff steals the limelight, adopting many guises as it shifts through space and time, worming its way deeper and deeper into the brain until its luminescence has infiltrated every corpuscle.

With an infectious shuffle in tow Green Steam confidently announces itself, mischievously pitching percussive elements up and down and riding the faders with all manner of crafty cuts and switches. Gaiser then brashly adds more semi-human blurps and blips into the mix that bond to create staccato android rhythms – it’s a quality mixing tool that’ll keep the dancefloor rattling like a pressure cooker. Rounding off the selection, New Dust accelerates ominously and silently across murky waters like a torpedo. It paints a dark underwater shadow with heavily treated strings receiving increasingly rough treatment as they’re pulled, stretched and spun in every conceivable direction. Rhythms appear within rhythms before Gaiser implements a negative footprint of the original theme, driving the wet signal ever higher and leaving the flotsam and jetsam of the target in his wake.

Track Listing:
A. Backyard – 6:43
B. Flashed – 7:44

Digital Bonus Track
Green Steam – 5:53

Release Date : November 16th, 2009
Last edited by masterpiece on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:36 pm, edited 10 times in total.
jascha.h
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jascha.h »

Another EP from gaiser. wow he's a beast. i hope its as good as M81.
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [M 82] Gaiser - Flashed

Post by masterpiece »

8)
Last edited by masterpiece on Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by masterpiece »

richie plays gaiser - backyard 8)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLkm7uu0 ... re=related

ps : dunno but i mostly love between 2:30 and 3:10 in this vid :)

& for those who ask for that track its dinky - outro :)
comawaka
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by comawaka »

where you know about this minus relase? :o
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

comawaka wrote:where you know about this minus relase? :o
Exactly.. I wonder if he's working for Minus ;-)
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: [M 82] Gaiser - Flashed

Post by masterpiece »

upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Backyard is cool.. but the rest doesn't appeal to me..

So overall : Pullpush and Backyard for me! The rest is dissapointing but you can't satisfy anytime.. He's still one of my favourites!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.