Title: UmmO / Amsterdam
Label: GS Zurich
Cat. No.: gs06
Format: Vinyl 12“
Release date: 26.10.09

Check the tracks here:
www.myspace.com/gszurich
http://www.soundcloud.com/teclectic/set ... erdam-gs06

GS LIVE is an experimental party series at Club Zukunft in Zurich. The concept entails all artists performing and improvising live - a challenging task, not only for the musicians but also for their audience on the dance floor. Grégory Poncet (Gregorythme, Digitaline), Daniel Ramm & Frank Greiner (Pikaya) originally met in this setting, connected their machines and visibly enjoyed themselves. It was in that night, when they decided to create a split EP together.

Gregorythme takes the A-side. The story about the planet 'UmmO', 14.6 light years away from the earth, is mysterious and nebulous. Just like the track: full of fantastic moments, intensive and spherical. )+(

The B-side 'Amsterdam' by Pikaya is based on a faint idea that emerged from the warmth and cosiness of a hotel bed in Amsterdam. It has been recorded and arranged live with a very basic setup. The moody bass line, the fat dubby chords and the soft pads convey the sensation of a unique jam session. Superb music with live character!

Around December we will be back with a stunning release by Pompelmoessap (Plak, Geneva) and Ion Ludwig (Quagmire, Perlon, Berlin) - please stay tuned.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

A lot of good news in there!

A super release with two projects I highly support (Greg & Pikaya), and an EP from Ion in December.

Thank you GS!
moessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by moessap »

That’s a great release, all the stuff coming up from Greg is just mind blowing.. and this track from Pikaya sounds so good, woooo, can’t wait to listen to the tracks in their totality !!
Timur Litvinov
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Timur Litvinov »

great! pikaya's track awesome!!! I hope very soon to see it in my bag!
Storlon
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Storlon »

Pikaya's here ! 8)
Pompelmoessap
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Pompelmoessap »

Great work, i like both !! :)
pusher
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by pusher »

this is so trippy! gregorythme is on fire and pikaya's track is sooo deep and warm!