Format: Vinyl, 320MP3, WAV

Track Samples:
A1. Wishes
A2. D Queens
B1. We Are Velvet Foam
B2. In The Mood

Digital track:
00. Lil Princess

We’re bidding the summer a fond adieu with a tour through Mr. Mikael Stravostrand’s newly remodeled House of Kink. His “Please My Pain” EP, recorded with Big Bully, was a watershed release for Thema. The title track grew into a mainstay during peak hour runs on the more obliquely situated dancefloors across the globe. In the handful of seasons separating then from now Mikael has been developing his signature sound with a decidedly languid detour through the ins and outs of romance. You’ll hear what we’re talking about—and, once acquainted with these strange, nubile beauties, we’re damn sure you’ll be feeling it.

Time For Romance’s opener ‘Wishes’ slowly unfurls over reverb laden utterances that sound less conversational than confrontational—warning rather than soothing. The metallic groove picks up, then winds onto the daylight where its’ every detail floats along in a pre-dawn glow colliding with the dust.
The switch from secret basement sweat lodge to sunny block party takes mere seconds as lush interlude ‘D Queens’ draws a nice steamy atmosphere around conversational echos and rose-colored background noise culled from the depths of a lost summer memory.
Up from the sun-baked porch and into the boudoir. Flip the switch to your left please—oh my! Look at that...blacklight and a revolving circular bed. How did they get in here? Just have a seat right there and listen to these sweet somethings while the marimba soothes your addled nerves. Give in. It’s biology... ‘We are Velvet Foam.’
The post coital buzz comes on and disperses as ‘In the Mood’ turns over and over like a restless android half-drunk on exotic alloys, mumbling a future music lullaby. Hypnotic guitars drone softly in the background, the whole affair becoming a damp, machinated early morning stupor. Or a love letter. Either way, it’s a gorgeous example of Mr. Stavostrand’s moodcraft.
That’s “Time For Romance”, ladies and gentlemen. Thanks for taking the tour. Soulful organ hypnotism and slow corrosive funk is available for those wishing to continue in the Digital Only portion, ‘Lil Princess’ will see you out.

Cheers,
Thema Crew

Worldwide Distribution: www.Complete-usa.com
Official website: www.neoday.net
Last edited by Posso on Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dragonsand
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Dragonsand »

I love "In The Mood", the title of the EP, and the artwork. :)
Nordin
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Nordin »

Beautiful! Love it... 8)
omnipresence
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by omnipresence »

Like the sound of the B-sides.
Shaun Soomro
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Shaun Soomro »

Love all the tracks !! Mikael is def one of the best producers in the scene and should get more recognition for all his work over the years !! Full support 8)
TimTor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TimTor »

Dragonsand wrote:I love "In The Mood", the title of the EP, and the artwork. :)
I do agree Dragonsand!
BlueCode Records - BCR011 - Dubious Methods - Out now (free release)!
good_god
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by good_god »

ace EP. "Velvet Foam" is dope.
...and holy balls! you weren't kidding about the re-brand. i LOVE the new artwork.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

I like all trax!
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.