2 Dollar Egg - Naxos

- wax
Thomas D and Jack Thomas
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

2 Dollar Egg - Naxos

Post by Thomas D and Jack Thomas »

I'm surprised no one has brought this release up. I think 2 Dollar Egg are some of the most talented minimal producers out there as of late. I suppose their stuff is a little more complex and busy but it's still in the same vein. The B side on this record is simply amazing, especially with the pad that kicks in at the break.
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

I really love 2$ Egg! This Nummer8 release is (imho) one of their best releases so far! Great record!
*I support southern fruits*
crisp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by crisp »

That release has found its way into my box, i played it at Rumba (Marktrockafterparty) and got a great respons!! Nice one!!

Greetz
"House is minimalist music, just exactly what the body needs to get it jackin" (Chip E, anno 1986)
Mr. Manzel
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Mr. Manzel »

verry nice ep indeed, love the sound and atmosphere the record creates it's a lot darker than most of the minimal releases
Renton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Renton »

Definitely like this release as well, just as Lebt (#5) and ´Graphit´ on Klang. A question that comes to my mind with 2$Egg, would this be called minimal (it perfectly fits a minimal set though) or is this more on that thin line inbetween genres as minimal, electro and techno?

Or should we just don´t care and enjoy the music? :wink:
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

the latter !
genres are there to be broken :p
crisp
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by crisp »

What is minimal these days anyway?? Lots of these release that are catagorised under minimal are actually very complex records, with an amazing arangement, and great production, Luciano for instance, Villalobos,...

I was listening to an old dj t-1000 record the other day, wich had like 5 sounds in it, phaze looping them for 10 minutes straigt, without boring me at all, now thats what i call minimal. Or early nineties Acid, a 909 + 303 can't get anymore minimal then that!!

Genres are only there for them people who write for magazines and stuff.
Or for people who forget abouth it once a newer, flashyer name comes to the surface, and becomes flavour of the mont, wich minimal is at the moment!! (to bad, we'll go back underground in a year or so :D )

Greetz
"House is minimalist music, just exactly what the body needs to get it jackin" (Chip E, anno 1986)
Darko
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Darko »

2 Dollar Egg is def. one to watch! :shock: