Upcoming Villalobos Album This Fall!

- wax
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

My German isn't very good, but from what I understood, it will be pretty psychedelic and percussive. Sounds great to me =)
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

Alright, here is the English information on this, as well as the 3x12" and CD tracklistings:

Archimedes' theorem defines the buoyant lift: diving an object into a vessel full of water causes an increase of pressure inside the vessel. The displaced amount of water, i.e. the lifting force is equivalent to the object's body volume, i.e. its weight-force. Transfering this theorem to the music of the overwhelming parallel universe of Ricardo Villalobos' new triple ep/album length cd, one will realize the following: diving all of its notes into reality results in the displacement of the same to a high degree, since the music has an enormous volume by expanding airily. Which means nothing but the musical principle of psychedelics taking effect here. This time by using the method of reduction, Ricardo is closer to the tradition of the cultured jam sessions by the legendary German 70's musicians' collective Ash Ra Tempel around Manuel Goettsching (known from his prototech solo production "e2-e4") than to the simply structured march through occasionally rather uninspired club metrics. While experiencing this uniquely fascinating work the amazed listener is witnessing a musical terraforming, at the same time the colonization of the new planet: every single track creates a mystic space in which sound elements are able to spread out in all directions. Teeming, often melancholically coloured sound organisms awake on the field of free flows - among them flamenco patterns ("Hireklon") or warming bass lines ("Miami"). Just as one is used to it concerning the tracks within Ricardo's DJ sets, which hardly can be marked by a simple definition of beginning and end any more. A confining grid is dissolved almost completely, physical laws are replaced by emotional ones - by the mathematics of intuition. Ricardo's percussive talent is undisputed: the sophisticatedly elastic rhythm meanders of Latin American/Caribbean origin sound as if they have been introduced to the wild from the base of a cool, impeccably clean laboratory which is located somewhere in the science fiction vastness of the Chilean Atacama desert. The loss of sense of time appears in favour of the event of intensity. Frequently the tracks appear surprisingly volatile, despite the considerable playing times of several titles which are absolutely required for exhausting the free, rhythmic modulatons. One wishes them to last forever, like the whole production. In the staggers of these animating blurrings of perception Archimedes' theorem transforms into the romantic image of "Tea in the Harem of Archimedes". This synthetical mind expansion of bizarre beauty is highly addictive!

3x12 Tracklisting:

A1. Hireklon
B1. Serpentin
B2. Forallseasons
C1. Théorème D'Archimède
C2. Hello Halo
D1. Temenarc 1
D2. Temenarc 2
E1. Miami
E2. Stereobox
F1. True to Myself

CD Tracklisting:

1. Hireklon
2. Serpentin
3. Forallseasons
4. Théorème D'Archimède
5. Hello Halo
6. Temenarc 2
7. Temenarc 1
8. Miami
9. True to Myself

Since a comparison is made to Ash Ra Tempel and Manuel Göttsching...this is going to be a very amazing set of tracks.
Renton
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Renton »

It's set to be released on the 11th of October. And few tracks can be listened to on www.technodj.de. Just check the Coming Soon section in techno.
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

Sounds nice to me just from those short clips. Sounds nice, deep and minimal. Keep in mind, these are all older tracks made around the time when Ricardo's earlier Perlon releases were made.
Harm Rhebergen
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Harm Rhebergen »

Thanx for the tip Jesse! Sounds nice indeed! :D
*I support southern fruits*
Leander_Techno
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Leander_Techno »

The previews sound nice.. deep!
Creative use of technology is a form of Art
Essaj
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Essaj »

i heard some one minute samples @ deejay.de.......very nice , dark , groovin' perlon tracks :twisted:
Lauhaus
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Lauhaus »

just heard it. it rocks. great grooves and also some nice melodies.
think it's better than alcachofa.