Upcoming Villalobos Album This Fall!

- wax
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

Jesse Somfay wrote:I won't compare Ricardo's works to each other because each track is its own unique environment, but I will definitely say this a very very well thought out triple pack and will be a favorite of mine for a very long time.
as much as I like some of ricardo's work, this sounds to me like they put together a money-maker: old tracks, no unity between them......... that doesn't sound like an album to me ! he's so marketable these days, that he can put out anything, and people will buy it........... (jesse, this is not a attack towards your opinion, I know you're actually thinking about the music you're buying, and I complitely value your opinion; all I'm saying is that most people will buy it beacause its ricardo's, even if it's below-par material)

but well, I havn't heard it yet, and I'm sure I'm going to like some tracks...
Aron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Aron »

Wasn't blown away by it..
It's nice to be minimal, but it's more minimal to be nice
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

I do not stand alone on this?
there's light at the end of the tunnel :lol:
fader
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by fader »

i heard it completely and several times and i think it's awesome :shock:

ps: if you haven't heard it why are you commenting anyway?

pps: roebin are you basing that conclusion on a Real quality *ahum* stream??
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

cyhl wrote: but well, I havn't heard it yet, and I'm sure I'm going to like some tracks...
No attack taken ;)

I should also mention this is a triple EP and not an Album release :) To me it does have a unity to it though. It would seem it is all based on texture, groove, rhythm and minimalism and fits nicey together. No offence to anyone, but I would suggest only judge something once it has been heard completely and for a few times over :) No doubt though, Ricardo is a very well known DJ and Artist at the moment and some people probably do buy things because they have his name on them. But I think, generally, they probably buy his music for a reason; they have come to know what he releases and how his music is well constructed, intricate, spacious, and moving. He produces good music and people like him for it :)
Aron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Aron »

f3d4r wrote:i heard it completely and several times and i think it's awesome :shock:

ps: if you haven't heard it why are you commenting anyway?

pps: roebin are you basing that conclusion on a Real quality *ahum* stream??
Stream or no stream, I think you get the basic idea when you listen to it that way. No less than you would standing in a noisy recordshop with some shopowner talikng loudly to a customer over a record playing on the PA, right next to your headphone.
It's nice to be minimal, but it's more minimal to be nice
roebin de freitas
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by roebin de freitas »

slsk was my partner in crime for this one(which doesn't happen a lot... why am i telling this?:p)
I have the same feeling like I had with his last album
one breathtaking track, the rest not worthy the 20¬ or so ;)
if everybody liked the same... it would all come to an end
MNUS
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by MNUS »

I have this record a few days now, and i like it more then alcachofa, which in my opinion is more of a listening album, this one contains more dancefloor fillers.. Serpentin has this superb baseline which drives me crazy! :P