[Siteholder 12] Jason Emsley - Shift EP

- wax
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[Siteholder 12] Jason Emsley - Shift EP

Post by Brian Ffar »

SITEHOLDER RECORDS
Siteholder Records is the brainchild of Chicago natives Billy Dalesandro, Brian Ffar, and Daniel Mnookin. Residing in the city that gave house music its name, Siteholder strives to combine the various elements of modern techno with the jackin’ rhythms that put their hometown on the electronic music map. Siteholder releases command you to get out of your chair, charge the dance floor, and get down to some serious beats.

Artist: Jason Emsley
Title: Shift EP
Format: 12” Vinyl | Digital
Cat. No.: SH012
Release Date: OUT ON VINYL 05.16.09 | Beatport on Friday, May 29, 2009

————— Tracks ——–——

A1 Dynamic
B1 Modulate
B2 Static
** And Now Meet Massif

SHIFT EP
The story of how Jason Emsley and Siteholder Records met goes back a couple of years. Emsley had been traveling for weeks on foot from his then home in Los Angeles, California, to the city of Chicago. He arrived on a stormy afternoon, completely drained and drenched from the rain. He knocked on the door of the Siteholder HQ, and once we answered begged to be a part of the team. As we prepared to slam the door in his face, he kept it open with his foot, exclaiming that he’d be willing to anything…ANYTHING to be a part of the crew.

Lacking a proper janitor, we put him to work mopping the floors. He eventually worked his way up the ranks - cleaning toilets, dusting studio equipment, and eventually being allowed to fluff Billy Dalessandro. Finally, after much begging (and a $20 bribe) we gave him the opportunity to remix Slutbox’s “Nitrogen 2 Oxygen 1.” The rest is history…

Alongside his highly respected production work on Platzhirsch and Telegraph, Emsley has racked up much Siteholder success with his remixes of “Mirapex” and “Backseat Driver.” The Shift EP represents Emsley’s first release of original material on Siteholder, and it is primed to rock your world. “Dynamic,” “Modulate,” and “Static” are subtle in their approach, but devastating when let out of their cage on a serious sound system. Jason takes Siteholder’s 12th release in a deeper direction, modest in flash but truly barbaric.
Last edited by Brian Ffar on Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
upekah
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by upekah »

Siteholder is tah bomb , I like Modulate
plaster wrote:you can't be a leader if are a follower.
elektrodik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by elektrodik »

very very nice!!
Coog
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coog »

Emsley kicks ass. Release sounds great.
Brian Ffar
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Brian Ffar »

Coog wrote:Emsley kicks a$$. Release sounds great.
Thanks!

Oliver Lieb from LH Audio (www.lhaudio.com) does our mastering, and we think he does a stellar job.
TimTor
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by TimTor »

Brain you are right, as the mastering does sound ace. This is an excellent release by Jason.
BlueCode Records - BCR011 - Dubious Methods - Out now (free release)!
Dantron
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

SH012

Post by Dantron »

Vinyl release is OUT NOW!!!

Digital release exclusively at Beatport on Friday, May 29th.

Jason Emsley – Shift EP (SH012) FEEDBACK:

Acid Circus (Droid Behavior) – “Dig the ‘Dynamic’ track with its analog synth and subtle sequence. Also feeling the deepness of the BONUS cut, that low end is nice and fuzzy. We'll be giving these some play in our upcoming mixes.”

Alland Byallo ([Kontrol] / Nightlight Music / Utensil Recordings) – “5/5 - Love it! My favorite is ‘And Now Meet Massif’!!!”

Andrew Grant (Barraca Music / Circoloco) – “‘Static’ all the way baby!!! Love that spooky sound fused with house. Keep up the great work, love the label!!!”

Apoll (Neopren / Tongue) – “Great release! I like ‘Modulate’ a lot. ‘Static’ is cool as well, sounds a bit like old school minimal to me...really cool!”

Chris Fortier (Fade / 40oz. / EQ Grey) – “Jason always delivers. ‘Meet Massif’, ‘Modulate’ and ‘Static’.”

Dave Martin (Immigrant / Technique) – “More interesting stuff from Jason, nice to hear another new direction from him. Will play all of the tracks here - full support.”

Dennis Rodgers (Save The Cannibals NYC) – “Really well rounded EP. I like ‘Static’ the best, nice deep early jam. Cool shuffle-y bass on ‘Modulate’. ‘Massif’ is massive take your head off stuff!”

DJ Emerson (freakWaves / Kiddaz.fm / Sub Static) – “Really like Jason’s productions...another one to play for me...great job!”

Dory (Listed) – “Great tracks, his best effort to date!”

Drumcell (Droid Behavior / Droid Recordings) – “Really like ‘Modulation’ - I think I heard it in some VERY early stages ; ) Keep it up J!”

Eric Cloutier (The Bunker) – “Always been a huge fan of Emsley, so it's no shocker that he, again, hits it out of the park. Loving the subdued pads of ‘Static,’ but ‘And Now Meet Massif’ is the winner for me.”

JNX (Alphahouse) – “Montana to Rice, TOUCHDOWN!!!”

Justin Long (Dotbleep / Smart Bar) – “Great EP…well produced! Keep up the good work!”

Kazell (Influx Audio) – “‘Dynamic’ is great, will definitely play it. I still think Jason's a dodgy boiler, though.”

Konrad Black (Panorama Bar / Wagon Repair) – “Bomb release!”

Mark Henning (Cynosure / Einmaleins Musik / Soma / Trapez) – “B2 (‘Static’) is great – thanks.”

Martin Landsky (Dessous / Poker Flat) - “I just listened to the Jason Emsley promo...wow, great record! The first three tracks will all appear in my future sets regularly, very convincing. I like the dark fourth track too; won’t be able to play it too often, though. Good work, this record will definitely be a winner.”

Moritz von Pein (Platzhirsch) – “Great release!”

Nicolas Duvoisin (Musique Unique Rec. / We Are Records) – “I love the ‘Modulate’ one! I will play it and chart it for sure...great work Jason!”

Nikola Baytala (Kontrol / Robsoul) – “Oh Man.…this is a hard toss up on this E.P. from Jason Emsley, who gives me two deep acid tracks I need for DEMF festival or the after-hours...‘Dynamic and ‘And Now Meet Massif’ are the one's for me here on the Shift EP...incredible music!”

Paco Osuna (Drumcode / M_nus / Plus 8) – “Nice music as always.”

Patrick Bateman (Connect Four / Tic Tac Toe) – “B1 is the cut for me on this release! Good stuff.”

Paul Corey (209 Radio / Machinesarefunky) – “Stark, funky stuff from Mr. Emsley. Will play on the show, current fave is ‘Modulate’ but that could change.”

Rosella (Cyclical Tracks) - “‘Static’ and ‘And Now Meet Massif’ are my style: deep and hypnotic tracks.”

Sascha Krohn (Dreielf Recordings / Kiddaz.fm) – “I will play ‘Modulate’, thanks for this!”

Sean O’Neal a.k.a. Someone Else (Foundsound / Microcosm / Tuning Spork) – “I like the B1.”

Skoozbot (Mindshake / Plus 8) – “These tracks sound great for summer!”

Tom Clark (Highgrade Records) – “I like ‘Static’.”

Troy Pierce (M-nus) – “‘Static’ is interesting in it's understatedness.”

Tyler Stadius (Fabric) – “Love these big syrupy bass grooves. Addictive! ‘Dynamic’ will get the most play from me.”

Xpansul (Discos De Lata / Plus 8 / Trapez) – “Loving the deep acid vibe on ‘Static’. Thanks!”
Last edited by Dantron on Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:31 am, edited 7 times in total.
masterpiece
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by masterpiece »

dynamic is superb..