TuningSpork Records
3-track 12" / 5-track digital EP

Out now in stores and via Beatport

1. Groove to Me feat. JonJon
2. Bootyjazz
3. Jack it Out
4. Bootypolka [digital exclusive]
5. Groove to me feat. JonJon (edit) [digital exclusive]

Michal Ho returns to TuningSpork for his first release of all new material since last fall’s highly acclaimed Screw the Coffeemaker album, featuring three new pumping and funky cuts, sporking the trademark twistedness to the max. For the last five years or so, Zurich-based Michal Ho has been producing and releasing with reliable pace, mostly solo, originally in Samim & Michal (Get Physical Music). But instead of advancing to the apparent next level of corporate bubblegum production, Michal is sticking to the thing he likes best: churning out stripped-down, funk-infused club tracks. “Groove to Me” is like a deranged echo of last year’s single “Take Away", once again featuring the talented JonJon (AKA Jamaican-born, London-based Andrew Thompson). This time around, though, JonJon’s soulful vocals are chopped up and subverted into oblivion, rather than used as a pop element. “Bootyjazz” is underscored by a slinky descending bassline and interjections of sax synth, while “Jack it Out” has a more percussive swagger.

ANTHONY COLLINS: “ “this release kicks asses” ”

D\'julz (Pokerflat): “cool tracks, i especialy like groove to me. ”

Johnny D (oslo, 8bit): “ “thanks at first for this promo! I'm a big fan since the beginning of this record label and really happy about it to recieve the new tuning spork. Michael ho show us again with this groovy thing where the deal is!! thanks for good music : ).... greetz ”

Karotte (CocoonGreat Stuff): “die a seite ist der kracher. tolle platte. full support.”

MARCO RESMANN: “ “michal ho is grooving like always. all in all great tunes. “groove to me” does it for me. pretty nice! ”

MARK HENNING: ““thanks! A1 is fantastic Mark “ ”

martin eyerer (klinklong . mbf: “ “n 6 in my current charts” ”

SETH TROXLER(Wagon Reapair): “ “thanks you will play all three. nice nu jak sounds sure to work in my travels. seth troxler “ ”

TOM CLARK: “ “yeahh ! cool tunes ! Play them “ ”
contexterrior.com | myspace.com/contexterrior
tuningspork.com | myspace.com/tuningsporkrecords
Big Bully
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Big Bully »

YO... THIS sh!t RULES!!

i got mad respekt for michal ho !!!!!!!!!

good job, brethren!
moey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moey »

This is such a good release!

LOVE it. Can't wait to hear it on some proper speakers somewhere dark.
moey
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by moey »

deleted--double post.