[PLE 65303] Kenny Larkin - Keys, Strings, Tambourines

- wax
Katzenjammer
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

[PLE 65303] Kenny Larkin - Keys, Strings, Tambourines

Post by Katzenjammer »

Kenny Larkin is back with a new album. Keys, Strings, Tambourines is an organic and moody album. Definitely something special.

Out on CD, vinyl and digital at Beatport.

From Backspin Promotions
It's been a few years since Carl Craig's Detroit based independent label Planet E Communications has released an artist full-length and Craig hasn't chosen just any album for his label's return to releasing full lengths. This is a very special record from his fellow Detroiter, former neighbor and long-term close friend Kenny Larkin who also happens to be one of the most original producers to emerge from Detroit.

Kenny Larkin's last album "Funkfaker" was released in France in 2004. Dropped under his Dark Comedy moniker it was much more of a deep exploration into a new kind of funk. It was a step away from his electronic roots, and a more experimental work when considered in the body of his musical work. “Keys, Strings and Tambourines” however goes back to where Larkin started -

back to his days as a youngster going to The Shelter and Music Institute in Detroit. "Inspiration for this album simply came from the love of electronic music" says Kenny.

Note: two singles from the album will be released - the single "You Are" featuring the non album original mix and dark mix drops pre-album and is also included on Luciano's recent Fabric 41 mix. The Second single post album will feature a Carl Craig remix of "Bass Mode"
Amazing release :shock:
[url=http://partikel.bandcamp.com]Partikel - Ark 1 out now on tape and digital[/url]
alvaroliva
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by alvaroliva »

A simply piece of musically art
kahl_s
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by kahl_s »

great one!
bshosa
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by bshosa »

i absolutely love it .no more needs to be said
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

there's a bit more info about it on the new Slices dvd. Great artist, great personality. Looking forward to getting the album.
rabouille
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by rabouille »

oh my god!!
sounds awesome!
yoyoyoyoy!
infizero
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by infizero »

really good album.
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Kenny is still a magician! One of the few guys from the earlier days that still produce pure quality and managed to move with the time while still keeping their original approaches. That he releases on Carl Craig's label just suits it. Highly recommended!
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)