[Sei Es Drum] SIS - Trompeta // SED02

- wax
jon
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by jon »

Wagamuffin wrote:LOL it might not be the best song in the world but the only reason some people dislike it is musical snobbery. Get over yourselves minimalists, please!!!
sorry to say this mate but what a cheap comment...
so is it snobism to look for well produced and quality music? :roll:
i guess you somehow completely missed the point here since it was not about the track being good or bad and neither minimalist or housy (gosh!)!
whatever... peace! :)
Kiani
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Kiani »

DJ`ing is about playing good music but also about innovating, doing different things.

So Waggamuffin`s post is right, but still I think it`s no problem to be critical, not only about the song itself but also about the position it takes.

I have to be honest that when I would hear this track 3 years ago, I would kill to have it. But now it`s the sound of today and I don`t want to be one of the herd. Actually kinda sad, because I loved and played this sound alot, but now I need something different...

Call it lame, but it`s the truth I guess...
Hugues31
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Hugues31 »

What a mess around this track..!!! :)
mattburns wrote:As i'm sure everyone knows, this works a treat on the dancefloor and loved hearing ricardo playing it at Sonar. however, it gets old very quickly and i can't see it having a very long shelf life.
I agree with you matt !
maxfader
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by maxfader »

Bought :)
M
++++
Mischievous Musique 011
Miniatura 018
Rohs ! Rec 006
Miniatura 10-playlisted by Barem on 03/09/2008
Metroline Limited 004
Multi Vitamins 11
-------

myspace.com/maxfader
Harlesden
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Harlesden »

PsyTox wrote:
Hegel wrote:Buying this record is an ethical question.
talk about taking things too serious :?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
beema
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by beema »

Pretty surprised that such an over the top cheesy stadium track is the first non-ricardo stuff to get a release on Sei Es Drum. I realize Ricardo has been playing the crap out of it along with everyone else, but still, seems like he'd be a little more selective... this is more fitting for Get Physical or something (not just saying that because of Heater). I also think SIS can, and has done, way way better music. His latest release on Cecille for instance.
The b-side is similarly uninspired (and uninspiringly named)... just kind of dull stuff. Maybe it's meant to be used as more of a tool like Enfants was or something...

bah
Next NoMansLand Event: Jan Krueger - October 4th
NoMansLand Events
b flat
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by b flat »

why surprised? this ep actually brings a few extra bucks... who cares about label politics? :P
mr g man
mattburns
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by mattburns »

well if all that matters is makin a few extra bucks then sure he should just start releasing pop records. Who cares about the label image or the music policy. Mayb a ricardo action figure will follow, who knowsj