mnml newbie

(YRE-009) Patrice Scott vs. Andy Vaz - Split EP (12"/Y

Post by silentstorm »

Patrice Scott vs. Andy Vaz
Title: Split EP
Cat.: YRE-009
Label: Yore Records
Format: 12"

Yore returns with a true Dream Team Split EP, pairing Yore label head Andy Vaz with Sistrum manager Patrice Scott. Vaz is up first with a beautiful slice of old-school funk and soul within a Deep house formula, “Back to Square One,” that has a whole lot more in common with Isaac Hayes and James Brown than with Juan Atkins or any other Techno Icon. Accompanied by a wah-wah guitar figure and claps, a bullet-proof bass line leads a nine-minute charge that’s quickly bolstered by a slinkily swinging drum groove. Creamy synth chords and blazing horns intermittently spill over the pulsating mix and then vanish, leaving space for the rhythm to intensify and the track to grow ever more euphoric (and even, towards its close, a bit acidy). A true mission into both Funk and House, which again showcases Vaz’s ultimate diversity as an outstanding Producer. Scott titled his second Sistrum release Beyond Deep and the title might just as easily apply to the B-side “Aztecal” where the Detroit producer slathers shimmering stabs and congealing streams over a thudding kick drum and flickering percussive detail. While Vaz’s cut draws inspiration from the timeless traditions of decades past, Scott’s looks towards the future when it’s gleaming shuttle lifts off in pursuit of distant galaxies.

Listen: http://www.yore-records.com

Digital: Beatport, Kompakt, What people play, Juno and many others
[/b]
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Love this EP. One of my fav labels at the moment.
brau
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by brau »

i have received this yesterday. Awsome release!! :D
Red Kite
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Red Kite »

Patrice Scott's track is magic! Love it since I heard Dan Bell play it in Panorama Bar.
"In my life I widened a lot of holes!" (Jeff Milligan, talking about slipmats)
D4RKFORCE
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by D4RKFORCE »

Patrice Scott's one is awesome!!! (-)

I also like a lot Yore 11: Alton Miller "Who i am" 8)
silentstorm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

(YORE-011) Alton Miller - In Flight (YRE-011 / 12")

Post by silentstorm »

Alton Miller
Title: In Flight
Cat.: YRE-011
Label: Yore Records
Format: 12"

After the sensational delicious exercise in deep house with Alton Miller’s release “Full Circle” on Yore-008, Alton returns with the equally stunning four-tracker Late Night Fantasy on our 11th release. The Old-school veteran from Detroit keeps the overall warm sound of the earlier release present, but on this downplays the Latin dimension slightly and consequently the focus on beatific, mid-tempo grooves intensifies. He stokes an oh-so-deep vibe through the silken funk of “Be Black Baby” while a voice softly enquires “Who’s blacker than you are? / Who’s blacker than she is?” “Don’t Look Back” serves up a tight club groove whose jazz-house swing Miller spikes with Rhodes accents and analog synth melodies, while a vocal chorus ups the soul ante during the marching strut of “Who Am I,” a beautiful example of timeless house music if there ever was one. In “Futuristic Funk,” a looped voice incessantly repeats “Too late now,” thereby adding a touch of delirium to the tune’s stomping swing, after which the vocal line expands into the chanted “Pray for brighter days / Too late now / Lose myself in the future / Too late now.” Warmed by old-school synth flourishes, congas, and Rhodes melodies, Miller’s rich and seductive club music makes surrender the only possible proposition and a release so rarely deep and musical, which is therefore not to be missed.

Listen: http://www.yore-records.com
the flow
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by the flow »

Both releases are killing it. when is 011 coming out?