MINIMISE - min019 - donnacha costello---FREE DOWNLOAD

- wax
minimise
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

MINIMISE - min019 - donnacha costello---FREE DOWNLOAD

Post by minimise »

Hi All.

Minimise returns this month (officially Aug 15) with a new 12" by Donnacha Costello which will be closely followed by more releases before the end of 2005.

The new records represent a clear departure from the colorseries and the start of a new sound and period of activity for donnacha and minimise in general.

We are pleased to offer you for today only (Mon Aug 1) a FREE HIGH QUALITY MP3 DOWNLOAD of the new record!

We will give you temporary access to our press area with the following username/password:

user: mnml
pass: mnml

goto: http://minimise.com/digipress/digipress.htm

We have pasted below a statement from donnacha which will shortly appear on a newly designed minimise.com

Thanks for your support!

Minimise.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Statement to appear on minimise.com on 15.08.05

Last year, I was focused on my ‘colorseries’ records. These were conceptually underpinned by a
desire to return to using older hardware rather than software, to recall techno’s history and
comment on its direction in the years leading immediately up to late 2003 and early2004.
Ironically, it was the singular focus on this one idea that exposed me to a world of new ideas
through travel and numerous encounters with other producers, djs, and many new records. It
also became clear that while the colorseries records had, to a large extent, achieved their
intended goal, I and indeed minimise were in danger of being labelled ‘retro’ or were open to
accusations of closed mindedness.
It is quite apparent that at this moment in time, techno is going through a fresh period of
accelerated growth and discovery. Some truly fantastic records are being released and with
advances in technology, forward thinking djs now have many new performance possibilities. We
have no call to pine for the past when the future looks so bright.
Inspired by what has been going on around me, I have been working on a new sound and new
production methods. The old machines are in storage, replaced by new machines, new software
and a full-on ProTools setup. Some of the results of this new approach have already been heard
in my recent remix of Shyza Minelli’s Nasty (Sub Static 47). Thanks to the provision of promos in
digital format, my new work has also been heard in the DJ sets of many of my favourite djs
including Troy Pierce, Ryan Elliot and Steve bug to drop a few names (clang!) :-)
My new mantra: Open Mind, Open Ears.
August 15th sees minimise releasing the first in a collection of new records that reflect this new
attitude and we thought it made sense to mark this new period in our development by matching
our new artistic aesthetic with a new design aesthetic. We hope you like both.
Thanks for reading this far and thanks as always for your continuing support!
Donnacha.

unminimaltruisme
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: MINIMISE - min019 - donnacha costello---FREE DOWNLOAD

Post by unminimaltruisme »

Thanks a lot for this advantage ... I downloaded the two tracks and will listen to it this evening ...

Have a nice day !
minimise
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by minimise »

you're very welcome.

we of course forgot to mention that even thought the official release date is August 15th, the vinyl is now available for purchase from:

http://www.kompakt-net.com

Thanks!

minimise
.kavo.
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by .kavo. »

amazing tracks!
many many thanks to minimise for this.

we luv u :)
"smokin' hydroponic"
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

dloading :)
harass
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by harass »

wow...... thank you, i can't wait..
ganik
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by ganik »

Hardly waiting to come home from work to listen this release :D

Thanks m8! 8)
multum in parvo
thomasjaldemark
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by thomasjaldemark »

been listening now.. damn this is some damn good funky stuff. will be in my next order from decks!