Nubian Mindz-Afrika Man EP-Out Now

- wax
nubianmindz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Nubian Mindz-Afrika Man EP-Out Now

Post by nubianmindz »

Just incase you all thought that notoriously elusive hermit Nubian Mindz had forgotten what he is best at,the big man returns with a whopper on the ever impressive 'Delsin Records'

'Afrika Man' represents a marked change in direction for the typical west London maestro's funked up style,not that typical is a word usually associated with a Nubian Mindz track!

Here he goes all out to create that peaktime floor filler,toying with the listeners emotion with an undeniable groove that has you nodding your head and tapping your feet instantly.

Drawing flattering comparisons to early Aril Brikha is always impressive however, melodic comparisons aside, this release hints at a yearning to forge a new path in an already respectable career but with 'Techno Love' we know he refuses to let go of the past and pays homage to the Detroit masters who invented the genre almost 3 decades ago.

Miss out on this ep at your peril!

audio clips here:- http://hardwax.com/56016/

also don't forget...

www.myspace.com/nubianminds

www.virb.com/colinlindo

www.delsin.org

reviews and comments made so far..

""Afrika Man" is a epic club anthem a la Groove La Chord! I am loving it. This is the one for me. Will play this for sure.Nice one! " - Alex From Tokyo

"Afrika Man for me. Nice chords and beats!" - Ken Ishii (70 Drums)

"colin has it's own unique sound and afrika man is as it's best! a vinyl copy be highly appreciated! " - Len Faki (Podium Records)

"Very nice two tracker... Classic sound, excellent production!" - Jose Luis Villalobos

"yeah, i like this, especially Afrika Man....a true club monster!" - Enrico Crivellaro (Archive/Neroli)

"Loving both sides here, powerful stuff - think "Techno Love" just shades it though... dark side ! " - Owain Kimber (ADSR Music / Littledetroit)

"Nubian Mindz is one of my fav's this year. Everything I hear from them is on point. Afrika Man is the one for me. Straight up techno sh!t!" - Santiago Salazar (Ican Productions)

"Amazing!!!!!!!! Can you send me vinyls?" - Javier Cachofeiro (Clubbing Spain)

"afrika man is very kool... production is sick and will def moove feet on dancefloors everywhere... full support from the north!" - Markus Enochson

"Absolute killertrax from mr Lindo, will be played at all occasions!" - Newworldaquarium (Nwaq)

"digging both sides of this one Colin can do no wrong right now." - Paul Mac

"Huuuuuuuge!! Got a feeling I while play Afrika Man a lot the coming months.. Props!" - Darko Esser (Doornroosje)

"Afrika man goes down very well! Me like! :)" - Nuno Dos Santos

"Great package..!! Both tracks are dope. .wav files please! FK" - Francois K (Wave Music)

"yes yes yes afrika is cool would play this one out for sure!!" - Dj 3000 (Motech Records)

"wow Colin is killing it again with his soulful african tech stylee groove. Im on it oh yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. keep rocking mate!fonkee! Alex Attias" - Alex Attias (Freedom Soundz)

"Yes, Afrika is the one, its classic techno à la Aril Brikha, but thats what we like ! and the crowd too ! Full Support !" - Fabrice Lig

""afrika man" is huuuuuuuge!!!! for the floors and "techno love" will do good in a deeper setting altough the vocal sometimes is a bit to much but still funny anyway....great ep gain, damn!" - Benny Rodrigues

"'afrika man' is a quality true techno track, sounds like something between classic aril brikha and shed to me, I'll definitely be playing this, 'techno love' is a nice deep earlier in the night mood builder (sound quality on the mp3 could be better though I think)" - Will O'Brien (SUB-SCAPE)

"a very dark and trippy EP...excellent music for listening to or for creating a certain kind of club atmosphere, although it may be tricky to find a way to work these in my sets but since they are timeless pieces I can keep them in my box and use them when the time and mood is right..excellent work." - Dan Curtin (Metamorphic)

"Never can tell what Colin is going to give us, and that's what I like about his production. Be it broken beat, house, D&B or Techno. Will try out both cuts. Two different moods, so two different kinds of sets. Thanks." - Josh Wink (Ovum)

"Nice techno deepness! 'Afrika Man' is the one for me. Will play in my sets. " - Raymon Hollander (Planet Delsin)

"oh yes, absolutely great ep! afrika man is my favourite but techno love is a killer too! looking forward to playing those out on the weekend.....could I get the vinyl anyway? :-)" - Samuel Geiser (Deetron/Starfighterz)

"yes sireee, I'd probably lean towards "techno love' on this 12", however like the overall package. Nice EP. One thing for sure, it's dam dark! :)" - James Kumo (Kumo-Music)

"'techno love' gets my vote here....just that little bit different. rufffffff" - Vince Watson (Bio Music / Delsin)

"yeeesssss of course ...... Nubian minds right in my mind 9/10 full supprort" - Laurent Garnier (F-Com)

"How can one not like this if you're into techno? These will surely rock my floors for some time. Will also feature on the radio show." - Tomaz (Switch, Studio Brussel)

""Afrika Man" Sets off this Ep, Oh yes it will be added to my radio show. All heal Delsin!!!" - Roberto Q. Ingram (Inspiration Network)

"Afrika Man is hot!!! will be adding to the sets! you have to let this track roll." - Anthony Shakir (Shake / Frictional)

"Loving "Afrika Man" - will play that & would love to do an edit of it" - Gamall (Demon Days / Backspin Promotions)

"powerfull release..wooow!!" - Djinxx
Coyu
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Coyu »

Just amazing! I'm playing a lot these lovely tracks! In my top3 of March!
PsyTox
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by PsyTox »

didn't do it for me, BUT I did discover the Delsin label thanks to this one, so thanks for that :)
nubianmindz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nubianmindz »

no probs.

btw-for those who are interested...

this release is also available on www.beatport.com

:D