release-date: 13.06.2005 | am06 | 12 inch

A | 1 - Shadowboxing 
produced 2005 | produced by Martinez  

B | 1 - Shadowboxing - Trentemøller remix
produced 2005 | produced by Martinez | remixed by Trentemøller 

B | 2 - Sapphire Moon
produced 2005 | produced by Martinez  

Additional Information: 

Audiomatique welcomes Martinez! Things have recently gone rather good for Martin Swanstein aka Martinez who moved from his Swedish hometown to Copenhagen a couple of years ago. His "Out Of Orbit" label goes from strength to strength, his releases on Deeplay, Dessous and Out Of Orbit received excellent feedback and his DJ profile is increasing rapidly. "Shadowboxing" is Martinez' latest strike. The title track is a twisted stepper on the edge between minimal Techno and House. Straight forward beats with a punching bassdrum pushe the track forward through various twists and turns, while some vocal samples and crispy sounds add an eery atmosphere to the track. After remarkable EPs on Audiomatique and Poker Flat shootingstar and co-Copenhagener Anders Trentemøller adds another outstanding remix on the b-side. Trentemøller even lowers the bassdrum for a few degrees and picks up on the leading synth line of the original track and gives it the magic "Trentemøller" twist, before he lets the track explode in the middle of the dancefloor with an overwound synthie thunder storm. massive. "Sapphire Moon" on B2 is a nice, deeper, typical Martinez track, with a brut drumsound and dreamy melodies.  
orphic
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by orphic »

Yeah I spotted this a few weeks ago. Haven't heard the full tracks yet but I'm looking forward to it! The samples sounds great, especially the Trentemøller remix.
patrick bateman
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by patrick bateman »

Superb record, but I think Trentemoller remix sounds tooooo much like ´rykketid´on audiomatique...