[MINUS050] Marc Houle - Techno Vocals

- wax
plastik
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by plastik »

malle eppie wrote:
Troy ain't that hype.
well the point maybe is that troy IS very hype indeed. but I don't dig his stuff much. nor magda's. I think their sets get stuck most of the times. not very uplifting.
gaiser kicks ass. marc houle too. Richie's king.
troy is the rock star of the whole bunch, come on.
I always say hi to him and cheer for his set when he's done, but he hardly replies. he looks annoyed. shame on you, punk!! ah ah....
malle eppie
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by malle eppie »

From all those DJ's I think his style is the least accesable. His sets are dark and keep going on and on without 10 minute breaks. Just beats with big basslines. Excellent when you hear him playing live. Well that's just what I think. But read the rest of my post also, don't just quote
Troy ain't that hype.
primevil
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by primevil »

i'm just in a state of sadness about hawtin at the mo. how people can't see that he is not on form at all this year is beyond me! he talks about always pushing himself and making himself feel unconfortable by trying new ways/sounds/ideas....yet his sound has not moved on this year at all for me....

i'm only sad because ive seen the guy play sets that have blew my mind like no other has and when you see the standard drop alot its really hard hitting. perhaps his passions lie else where at the mo...maybe he is working on another project and is just keeping the richie hawtin dj thing going to promote minus etc...or maybe he has finally been "consumed" by the business world and is getting old...i don't know.. :cry:
Petar
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Petar »

10 more pages please :!:

this release sounds ''comercial''

will be played a lot :lol:

good job
The_Glass_Olive
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by The_Glass_Olive »

primevil wrote:i'm just in a state of sadness about hawtin at the mo. how people can't see that he is not on form at all this year is beyond me! he talks about always pushing himself and making himself feel unconfortable by trying new ways/sounds/ideas....yet his sound has not moved on this year at all for me.... :cry:
So true, he has been sh!t when i've seen him. If you look at the amount of dates he plays its not surprising he burns out. How can you play 5-6 times a week, sometimes twice on one nite in two countries! for years and years and still keep it fresh? You can't.

He's made a good go of it though and respect, but maybe he should chill a bit, what with Hawtin Jnr and all...
nubianmindz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by nubianmindz »

The_Glass_Olive wrote:
primevil wrote:i'm just in a state of sadness about hawtin at the mo. how people can't see that he is not on form at all this year is beyond me! he talks about always pushing himself and making himself feel unconfortable by trying new ways/sounds/ideas....yet his sound has not moved on this year at all for me.... :cry:
So true, he has been sht when i've seen him. If you look at the amount of dates he plays its not surprising he burns out. How can you play 5-6 times a week, sometimes twice on one nite in two countries! for years and years and still keep it fresh? You can't.

He's made a good go of it though and respect, but maybe he should chill a bit, what with Hawtin Jnr and all...
I've heard some recent sets from him that have been abysmal....

just completely sloppy from start to finish.

What's happened to him?
Rochey
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Rochey »

when I saw Richie Hawtin in April I think it was. he was outstanding fantastic set from start to finish gave me exactly what I wanted!!!
Here for a Good Time, Not a Long Time!

http://www.louchemusic.com
roy.alexis
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by roy.alexis »

Coog wrote:Wether everyone likes it or not this labels grabs almost all the attention either way so they must be doing something right. Over 4000 views people?!
15972 coogano! hehe