Unreleased music being shared - politics

- wax
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

i had to quit sharing my new music for review with even some of my closer friends because of this. one person trades another for something that is "super secret" to get another "super secret unreleased" track. before you know it some dickhead is emailing me on myspace telling me how he's been playing my track that has only been given a handful of friends every time he plays..... i email back, "where in the fck did you get it? and i'd appreciate if you'd delete it from your library and do me the common courtesy of BUYING it when it comes out." he replies with " i don't remember where i got it really" wich i know is complete bullshit and know not only does he know where he got it, he has more than likely shared it with everyone he trades music with and has no intention of deleting it or buying it when it comes out. we don't sell many records as it is in this industry and ppl just don't realize how detrimental it is to the artist that you supposedly appreciate so much when you jack their music and use it to make yourself look cool. our electricity gets shut off, our girlfriends dump us and the label owners think we can't sell records.. ..... ... it's crap.

thank you for listening to my rant
katie_m
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by katie_m »

as a producer...i second lee...-personally speaking referring to the post by lee,even though if i would ask him he would have given me for eg. the wolf and lamb thing he released rescently, i bought it from beatport..cuz he is a friend, i know he moves to europe, he has a lot of expenses, and i def know he owes money to the liquer store at the corner of his house!its the least someone can do and for me personally is a tiny thank u for the musik he had shared with me all this time...so all those ppl that get from other ppl that took from other ppl the "secret unreleased tracks" it would b good when they r released to sacrifice a beer or two beers to buy the record, since they liked it and play it!!!!
i live only through this thing,paying rent,food and definatly my lunch wasnt tracks or someones smartass attitude of playing unreleased stuff...it was chicken!!!

on my side, i still give some of my musik to friends that r artists n i need feedback...
peace
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

thank you boo :wink:
lunatik
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by lunatik »

o yeah one more thing :

buying the record is better anyways, sounds better, looks better, feels better

i almost never play digital tracks, maybe test one or two of my tunes or friends tunes for some feedback in the club,
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

leecurtiss wrote:i had to quit sharing my new music for review with even some of my closer friends because of this. one person trades another for something that is "super secret" to get another "super secret unreleased" track. before you know it some dickhead is emailing me on myspace telling me how he's been playing my track that has only been given a handful of friends every time he plays..... i email back, "where in the fck did you get it? and i'd appreciate if you'd delete it from your library and do me the common courtesy of BUYING it when it comes out." he replies with " i don't remember where i got it really" wich i know is complete bullshit and know not only does he know where he got it, he has more than likely shared it with everyone he trades music with and has no intention of deleting it or buying it when it comes out. we don't sell many records as it is in this industry and ppl just don't realize how detrimental it is to the artist that you supposedly appreciate so much when you jack their music and use it to make yourself look cool. our electricity gets shut off, our girlfriends dump us and the label owners think we can't sell records.. ..... ... it's crap.

youre so fkin right. to some people 'DONT FUCKING SHARE IT' seems to mean 'use it for pre-release swap kudos' i blame people sharing my stuff on losing my last girlfriend aswell. the bastards. It had nothing to do with me being a 'bit of a wreckhead', which, of course, is never an issue in any relationship.

your remix of shadi is the fukin business by the way man.
frisfris
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by frisfris »

leecurtiss wrote:i had to quit sharing my new music for review with even some of my closer friends because of this. one person trades another for something that is "super secret" to get another "super secret unreleased" track. before you know it some dickhead is emailing me on myspace telling me how he's been playing my track that has only been given a handful of friends every time he plays..... i email back, "where in the fck did you get it? and i'd appreciate if you'd delete it from your library and do me the common courtesy of BUYING it when it comes out." he replies with " i don't remember where i got it really" wich i know is complete bullshit and know not only does he know where he got it, he has more than likely shared it with everyone he trades music with and has no intention of deleting it or buying it when it comes out. we don't sell many records as it is in this industry and ppl just don't realize how detrimental it is to the artist that you supposedly appreciate so much when you jack their music and use it to make yourself look cool. our electricity gets shut off, our girlfriends dump us and the label owners think we can't sell records.. ..... ... it's crap.

i think nowdays if somebody REALLY want an unreleased track can get it.Cos many producers give tracks to their friends,and their friends give those tracks to others friends and u know the story...i can suggest producers nowdays to give tracks just to the label they want release on,then when the promo is pressed give to friends their release. thats it.is very sad when i see unknow bedroom djs's tracklists from their sets playing tracks they are not allowed to have.and recently i see many producers dropped from labels,or tracks dropped for beeing spreaded all over the net before gettin it signed :cry:
betzy
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by betzy »

http://www.mnml.nl/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=17998 :cry:

worst thing is that i know some members here...people i was guessing about how they could have some things...i'm really sad about it...

please someone close it...i dunno how to do it...or someone tell me how to...
dncn
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by dncn »

fkin bastards. no wonder the one they have is well down on my last statement. the other ones (the none leaked ones on the same label) do ok., COINCIDENTALLY the one they are spreading like it was fucking margarine is well down on the units shifted.

proof as if i was needed of a direct effect.

also. BALLS.