Upcoming Perlon Releases for Winter/Early Spring 2005

- wax
Blip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Blip »

that narcotic syntax release is pretty dope. one of the more 'band' sounding releases from perlon, which is sometimes not my style, but this still jams :d
clickclick-bleepy-clickclick-bleepyblip
carbon_copy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by carbon_copy »

Perlon, imo, has lost it's flair. When Superlongevity 2 came out I was amazed at how great that sound was. Now it's going in a direction that I don't really care for. I am looking forward to see what all the new release's sound like though. It shall be interesting.

p.s.
Chicken Store rocks!

Get the first one that came out on Tan-Ru!
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

Well, I wouldn't say Perlon has lost it's flair. It still has it's very own flair, it has just changed. If it never changed, the ideas would become exhausted and it wouldn't go anywhere. It would get terribly boring to expect a certain sound before something is released. I suppose people have biases though. I am personally open for changes in any direction. As far as I am concerned, as long as the artists like what they are putting out, than I am pleased even if I do not fancy a certain sound. To have the views of fans and other djs/artists affect one's own artistic directions would be unethical.
carbon_copy
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by carbon_copy »

You make some great points and I agree with everything you said. I'd like to clarify that my original post is based on opinion only. I guess I prefer the older Perlon sound as compared to the stuff that has come ot as of late. A lot of the newer stuff didn't grab me and get my full attention like a lot of the older stuff did.
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

Yeah...I think a lot of the older stuff is really great as well. I'm very excited to hear the Ricardo Villalobos 12". I have no idea what is in store but I am sure it will be quality :)
Blip
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Blip »

i got the perlon, along with the new playhouse. my my - klatta ep, that put a much bigger smile on my face than the perlon. keep an eye out for that folks, i cant stop spinning it right now.
clickclick-bleepy-clickclick-bleepyblip
Conquest Inc.
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Conquest Inc. »

I love perlon stuff. Everything from the packaging to the sound.

It was actually the first label with that minimal sound that I really got into. I'm really looking forward to the new stuff.
Jesse Somfay
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by Jesse Somfay »

Ok, a quick update.

It looks like the Villalobos EP (#47) has now been replaced by an LP/CD from Ark, Caliente, which will be released on April 4th (my birthday, yay!) according to Neuton. And the Melchior Productions 12" is now titled Galera de Bahia (That sounds like a Villalobos title to me...who knows.) It will most likely be released in March if I assume correctly. I wish I knew what happened to the Villalobos 12". They are so shifty! Oh well. I will keep my eyes out.
Last edited by Jesse Somfay on Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.