Microcosm Music - Macrofun Contest

- wax
Microcosm
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Microcosm Music - Macrofun Contest

Post by Microcosm »

Hi, I'm new to this board and I wanted to post info about a contest we here at Microcosm Music are having, in co-ordination with our Macrofun split 10" series.

The Macrofun series will be released in six parts throughout 2005. Each 10” vinyl release will have a different artist on each side and will showcase the full range of possibility on Microcosm Music. The scope of the label includes different forms of techno, house, drum and bass, ambient, electro-acoustic compositions, and the spaces in between, and this will be represented in the Macrofun series. Full sleeve art will grace each release, courtesy of the illustration talents of CEDE, and the series will culminate at the end of 2005 with a CD compilation of all 12 tracks from the vinyl, plus new material exclusive to the CD.

The coloring contest was born from the sleeve art, which is black and white, leaving it begging to be colored in, with its host of smiling buildings and brick streets. Three winners will be announced on February 15, with prizes including records, CD’s, tee shirts, and an original painting by CEDE. The art file can be downloaded on the Microcosm site and entries can be sent into the Microcosm office for consideration. Details can be found at http://www.microcosm-music.com/contest.html

We're always looking for new artists, so if you produce music that is leaning towards the left of (micro)house, techno, ambient, dub, drum and bass, or anything else that is forward thinking and sonically interesting, we would like to hear it.

recent Microcosm releases:
_Macrofun Vol. 1_out February 8
Tundra b/w Captain Campion
_Someone Else - Ploosh EP_out now
_Ezekiel Honig/Graphic - Love Session/1000 Remix EP_out now
cyhl
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by cyhl »

hey zeke! welcome here...... you'll like it around here!

people, I think microcosm is not very known yet, but you should all check it out! great stuff!
zzz
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by zzz »

ezekiels 12" is fantastic,
i love "love session" track, and all record!!!!
imprescindible
butane
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by butane »

yep - that microcosm love session 12" wicked