mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kage »

One word: Combinator.
leecurtiss
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by leecurtiss »

i think the compressor was and mastering suite were a necessary addition for reason users, but like the cubase users i use Sonar to bounce tracks for mastering. i'm not sure how much i will use the combinator either, i really wish they would have rethought the chorus and phaser i think they are the most inadiquite pieces of the reason studio and also a revamped matrix sequencer would be appreciated.
adam
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by adam »

Combinator is not all that useful to myself, what's it mean for you guys?

The upgrade is worth it to me, but they sure haven't come close to adding enough features/enhancements for me.

Even if they just had some kinda copy and paste within a pattern (ie - not having to program the repetitive parts of a 64-stepper in redrum would be nice... what if you just want a fill at the end of 64 steps and don't want to ahve to punch in every bassdrum before then, etc?)
kage
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by kage »

Well, you probably haven't seen some of the patches the combinator can do..

I'm talking everything from lush pads, to glitch machines, to super distortion fx, ping-pong & space dub delays, guitar amps, beat boxes, etc etc etc.. you will have to check out the new presets that come with reason 3.
Joseph_Hague
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Joseph_Hague »

I'm downloading Reason v.3.0 right now.
I'm looking forward to the mastering suite.
Although I compress, EQ en limit my tracks at the moment with T-racks a build-in mastering device would be very welcome :D.
::BLM::
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by ::BLM:: »

Ive had reason 3 for the last couple of days and am really enjoying it so far. The combinator is good but u know that so many people are just gunna rinse them presets. Its all about being creative and making ur own patches...Only thing which is annoyin is that its a huge cpu user.