Micro House Minimal Romanian Style Ableton Tutorial

- ask away
RGRPGN
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Micro House Minimal Romanian Style Ableton Tutorial

Post by RGRPGN »

Hi guys, I'm a novel producers and I would like to try to make some Minimal and Micro House grooves with Ableton Live 9.7.2

Anyone know a website / YouTube pages or other video channel where I can see a basic tutorial?

Thanks in advance
WhosThatGirl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: Micro House Minimal Romanian Style Ableton Tutorial

Post by WhosThatGirl »

Listen to the music and try to replicate

If there were any good tutorials worth their salt, then everyone would make the good music we want.
Alert
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Alert »

WhosThatGirl wrote: If there were any good tutorials worth their salt, then everyone would make the good music we want.
jswe
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by jswe »

I get what this guy is saying.

Pheeks website is excellent. https://audioservices.studio/pheeks-mix ... ering-blog

And for what its worth Plusculaar is selling a complete track project file
http://plusculaar.com/2017/12/17/ableton-template-01/

I don't particularly agree with the price point. I doubt I would learn much. but if you were serious about this you could study this project file bit by bit.

Also start hoarding tracks you like (rip from youtube if you have to) and recreate arrangements with your daw midi clips. minimal music is a little harder to analyze because changes are subtle and often unnoticable without serious active listening. try to understand the influences of your favourite artists and study those too.

Good luck.
180gram
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by 180gram »

90& of it is using the right sounds and complement each other perfectly

Well that's the foundation of making good tracks in general
darkspiritcut
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by darkspiritcut »

i really want to see what's in that plusculaar project. jokes that it's a thing. for 100 bucks.

yea i would say listen, mainly. if you use ableton you can extract midi / grooves from tracks you like to learn a bit about them, you can see the push/pull of different elements. but really it's just using your ears innit.

i find it can be fun to hammer out a beat in grid or on my keyboard, then strip it back to the essentials. push and pull the core elements to lock the groove in, then rebuild it from that, adding elements and effects as needed. then strip it back again. can't emphasise that enough, it's called minimal for a reason ;) even if you add something cool and it kinda works and sounds neat, but doesn't contribute to the groove 100%, get rid of it. by all means branch the project and save that idea, though.