mnml.nl

Want to join? Send us a message with (user name) to john _ clees at hotmail . com.
It is currently Sun Dec 09, 2018 3:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:04 am 
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Hi guys, I'm a novel producers and I would like to try to make some Minimal and Micro House grooves with Ableton Live 9.7.2

Anyone know a website / YouTube pages or other video channel where I can see a basic tutorial?

Thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:22 am 
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Listen to the music and try to replicate

If there were any good tutorials worth their salt, then everyone would make the good music we want.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:31 am 
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

WhosThatGirl wrote:
If there were any good tutorials worth their salt, then everyone would make the good music we want.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:38 pm 

I get what this guy is saying.

Pheeks website is excellent. https://audioservices.studio/pheeks-mix ... ering-blog

And for what its worth Plusculaar is selling a complete track project file
http://plusculaar.com/2017/12/17/ableton-template-01/

I don't particularly agree with the price point. I doubt I would learn much. but if you were serious about this you could study this project file bit by bit.

Also start hoarding tracks you like (rip from youtube if you have to) and recreate arrangements with your daw midi clips. minimal music is a little harder to analyze because changes are subtle and often unnoticable without serious active listening. try to understand the influences of your favourite artists and study those too.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 3:41 pm 
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

90& of it is using the right sounds and complement each other perfectly

Well that's the foundation of making good tracks in general

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:36 pm 

i really want to see what's in that plusculaar project. jokes that it's a thing. for 100 bucks.

yea i would say listen, mainly. if you use ableton you can extract midi / grooves from tracks you like to learn a bit about them, you can see the push/pull of different elements. but really it's just using your ears innit.

i find it can be fun to hammer out a beat in grid or on my keyboard, then strip it back to the essentials. push and pull the core elements to lock the groove in, then rebuild it from that, adding elements and effects as needed. then strip it back again. can't emphasise that enough, it's called minimal for a reason ;) even if you add something cool and it kinda works and sounds neat, but doesn't contribute to the groove 100%, get rid of it. by all means branch the project and save that idea, though.