WHAT'S THE BEST SOFTWARE TO USE ????

- ask away
Vinyl-Syndicate
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

WHAT'S THE BEST SOFTWARE TO USE ????

Post by Vinyl-Syndicate »

Hi, I'm looking to get into music production. But with so many different options to chose from its really hard to known where to start.

So, what I'm asking is... what's the best to use out of Logic Pro X, Cubase, Ableton etc, Pros and cons?

Thanks in advance :)
WhosThatGirl
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Re: WHAT'S THE BEST SOFTWARE TO USE ????

Post by WhosThatGirl »

Try demos of them and see which works for you. Most people these days start with Ableton, but they're all a much of a muchness to be brutally honest.
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Post by AK »

There probably is no best, the question is better when you ask what is the best for me and you wont know that until you try them out. Unfortunately, nobody can help you here, you just need to see for yourself.

Some slightly different options if you're Mac, logic isn't supported for Windows. As far as DAW apps go, you have Ableton Live, Bitwig, Presonus Studio One, Reaper, FL Studio, Cubase, Propellerhead Reason, Digital Performer, Sonar, Tracktion, and those are the ones I can remember. If it were me starting out, I'd probably be interested in Bitwig, Studio One, & Ableton Live.
Vinyl-Syndicate
mnml mmbr
mnml mmbr

Post by Vinyl-Syndicate »

Nonetheless, this is help...I will mess around with the demo versions just to get a feel.

Thanks, guys !!!
Alba livin
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Post by Alba livin »

Yea no real set software is the best one to use. I always stuck with ableton because it was the first I was introduced to and got help with working my way through it.

Recently i tired logic and it was terrifying not having a clue what I was doing but i'm sure if I started with Logic it would have been the same thing. Just have a mess around on all of them and a good way to help if no one can assist you is Youtube. The tutorials on there to help with basic stuff is a massive stress relief and sometimes just knowing the basics and how to navigate can really influence you on what software to choose.

Good luck and have fun! :)
John Clees
mnml admn
mnml admn

Post by John Clees »

find one where you find the work flow enjoyable. some you can get used to, some you just dont ever find free flowing energy with ideas in.