Any other forums for producing?

- ask away
briobox
mnml newbie
mnml newbie

Any other forums for producing?

Post by briobox »

Are there any other recommended forums for producers? Trying to improve and haven't really found relevant, active forums. All the synth forums seem full of players and not producers. Ableton forum seems the same. Hard to describe but though there are lots of good producers, I see few people of that level in forums. Obvious answer is they spend their time producing and not writing on forums. Yet, one has to learn somewhere... Advice?
AK
mnml maxi
mnml maxi

Re: Any other forums for producing?

Post by AK »

Any improvements you make ultimately come from you, your development and trial and error until you hit on the sort of things you find appealing. People can answer specific questions and discuss techniques and various aspects of production but in the end it's all about how you apply them and no matter what level you find yourself at, you are always trying to improve anyway.

I don't know about other forums, any other ones I use are to discuss things like specific synths or gear related stuff rather than general production, to be honest, your best bet is to keep your head out of the places that have idiots in or just ignore them and develop your own ways of working because some people on them are clearly just 'Internet Producers', they spend days & days on web forums arguing who is right and who is wrong about this technique and that technique etc etc but they never actually try to make music and they never try to improve themselves, they have given up and spend all day on the web telling other people how great they are and that you are doing it all wrong. Ignore them, take what you need in the way of any tips/tricks etc and move on and don't get involved.

Often you have to decipher the good sh!t from the bad sh!t and decide what's relevant to you but by the time you figure that out, you will find you don't actually need to frequent forums for most stuff anyway.

This place isn't that busy lately ( prob a good thing as it means people are actually making music instead of time wasting ) but you'll always get decent advice and to the point answers without egos getting in the way.